The Metal Company (question answered first hand)

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

The Metal Company (question answered first hand)

Postby les45 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:41 am

Has anyone used The Metal Company of Arvada, Colorado for aluminum siding? They seem to have the best prices of the vendors I'm looking at but I can't find any feedback or reviews by anyone who has used them.
les45
500 Club

Re: The Metal Company (question answered first hand)

Postby les45 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:38 pm

I never got a response on this question so I decided to give this company a try. I requested three quotes for the aluminum siding on my retro project and The Metal Company was the lowest at $1,100. The other quotes were from name brand companies in the retro/canned ham/RV restoration business and they came in at $1,600 and $3,000. I don't think the highest quote wanted the work as they were going to charge me more to ship the same materials just 100 miles from their plant in Georgia than the other two companies were charging for freight from California and Colorado. Dealing with Greg, my sales rep, was a great experience and they fabricated and shipped very quickly. The freight company (Central Transport) has a great web page and I was able to track my shipment just like UPS or other similar carriers. I received the shipment today and it was packed so well it could probably have fallen off the truck without damaging the contents. The siding looks great and I am anxious to start installing later this month. I will discuss this in more detail and include pictures in my journal at http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70991. For anyone who is in the market for RV aluminum siding I would highly recommend The Metal Company of Arvada, Colorado (ask for Greg).
les45
500 Club

Re: The Metal Company (question answered first hand)

Postby bdosborn » Wed May 08, 2019 6:25 pm

I bought my side trim from them and picked it up at their office since they are local to me. It was much cheaper than anything I found on-line.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion