My first two e-books! (Featuring my micro camper)

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

My first two e-books! (Featuring my micro camper)

Postby BudStratford » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 am

I've started publishing a series of e-books at Lulu (www.lulu.com) that chronicle my misadventures with my micro-camper, traveling around the southwest, camping, skateboarding, snowboarding, and exploring American roadside oddities. The first two books are available here:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/bud-stratford/ ... 58888.html

(For Volume One), and here:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/bud-stratford/ ... 80434.html

(For Volume Eight)

There will be several more volumes coming throughout 2019; next up will be Volume Two, followed by Eleven, twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, and Fifteen. Each book is in large-print format (for easy reading on your electronic devices), and filled with color photos, hand-drawn illustrations, camping tips, recipes... and of course, lots and lots of funny stories of my many, many misadventures.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected].

See y'all out on the road somewhere...!
BudStratford
Teardrop Inspector

Re: My first two e-books! (Featuring my micro camper)

Postby tony.latham » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's easy to publish in Kindle format and distribute through Amazon too. :thinking:

I've used Kindle Generator https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765211 It's easy and doesn't cost a nickel.

:beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby BudStratford » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:40 am

You know what, Tony? I considered doing that (as would anybody else, I presume). But I really preferred the Lulu experience on a few different levels, including:

- They allowed me to upload the book as a PDF (a rare perk on book publishing sites). This allows anyone, with any device (PC, phone, etc) to upload (and enjoy) the book.

- That also allowed the book to remain exactly as I had designed it, laid it out, and intended it to look. As an artist that spends a lot of time on layout and visual appeal, this was really, really important to me.

- Lulu's royalty program is far simpler, and way more generous... by far! (Instead of making a ton more money on each book sold, I simply reduced the price of the book a whole bunch, which is a definite perk for the readers). And,

- Lulu is so much easier to use. It's ridiculously simple for both me, and the readers.

If anyone would like a free copy, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Cheers!
BudStratford
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 am

BudStratford wrote:You know what, Tony? I considered doing that (as would anybody else, I presume). But I really preferred the Lulu experience on a few different levels, including:

- They allowed me to upload the book as a PDF (a rare perk on book publishing sites). This allows anyone, with any device (PC, phone, etc) to upload (and enjoy) the book.

- That also allowed the book to remain exactly as I had designed it, laid it out, and intended it to look. As an artist that spends a lot of time on layout and visual appeal, this was really, really important to me.

- Lulu's royalty program is far simpler, and way more generous... by far! (Instead of making a ton more money on each book sold, I simply reduced the price of the book a whole bunch, which is a definite perk for the readers). And,

- Lulu is so much easier to use. It's ridiculously simple for both me, and the readers.

If anyone would like a free copy, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Cheers!

My three-thumbs-up was a congratulatory salute. And I seriously mean that.

I was just trying to help with distribution.

:beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby BudStratford » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:44 pm

I certainly appreciate the thoughtfulness, good sir...! ;)
BudStratford
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BudStratford » Wed May 01, 2019 6:55 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everybody that has written, and claimed their free copy of my ebook. It's really cool to hear from fellow camping enthusiasts from all over the country, and seeing your campers. Thanks to everybody that showed an interest! I hope you enjoy the read...!
BudStratford
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion