A positive vendor experience

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

A positive vendor experience

Postby MatBirch » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 pm

I hope this is ok, but I wanted to share a good experience with a vendor. People are always so willing to pile on with the negatives, I try to give credit when due.
I recently ordered door handles for my standee project from Vintage Trailer Supply. The parts were shipped promptly via USPS, and I received my tracking number. A couple days later, the tracking info changed to read something about
“forwarded to lost mail processing facility”. I waited a day or two to see if this was a mistake, then called my local post office. He told me that it meant that likely the package had broken open and the goods were lost or damaged, etc. he suggested contacting the shipper as they would be considered the “customer” and it would save time to file a claim on their end.
Enter Logan from Vintage Trailer- he replied to my email within a few hours, and offered to look into it. He responded a little later to update me. This dragged on for almost a month. The entire time Logan never failed to respond in short order. Eventually, things were settled, and they shipped me replacements, arriving a couple days later.

I was fortunately never in a rush for the parts, as I’m still building. I didn’t want to put Vintage Trailer against the ropes, as it was not their fault. Didn’t seem fair to file a claim against them.

Long story, but I wouldn’t hesitate to do more business with them! :thumbsup:
MatBirch
Teardrop Advisor

Re: A positive vendor experience

Postby edgeau » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:50 pm

Nice to see credit where due. Thank you for a good news story.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:10 am

I have often dealt with VTS over the life of my teardrop and trailer. They have always been helpful and have been a source of advice on occasion. If you do not see the exact item you need, call and ask about it. They may be able to offer options. And now they have a store in New Mexico too. Great company.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Been wanting to comment on another vendor, and this seems like the thread to do it, if no one minds.

Ordered some fiberglass from Raka recently, to finish our teardrop roof. I ordered it rolled, but the Raka rep wanted to verify that I'd really needed it that way, as folded saves me money. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the voicemail message until a week later, at which time I called them back. They had already sent out the folded fiberglass, but sent another roll when I confirmed I wanted to pay the cost for the roll.

So they gave me 60 inches by 10 yards of free fiberglass, for other projects, long as I don't mind the folds. :thumbsup:

It might have delayed the project, but as it happens we were tied up with other things, so we won't need the glass until Christmas break anyway.

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby mary and bob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:25 am

Vintage Trailer Supply was originally based in Montpelier Vermont. We had met the owner, a real nice guy, at a vintage camper rally in Brattleboro VT several years ago. Then a year or two later we were invited to bring our '46 Modernistic to a show that he sponsored on the streets of Montpelier. At that time he talked about how he was moving his parts warehouse to New Mexico to take advantage of shipping costs as most of his business was on the West coast. The office was to remain in Vermont but I'm not sure if it is still there. He still sends discount coupons to the Brattleboro rally and sometimes some other doodads. He hasn't done the Montpelier show in the last few years that I know of.
mary and bob
500 Club

Return to General Discussion