What Are Some Of Your Favorite Gadgets?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

What Are Some Of Your Favorite Gadgets?

Postby Dahlia47 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:05 pm

They're not a necessity, but they are the things you bring along to make it a bit easier?

I'm bored. It's cloudy and drizzly out! Boo!
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Gadgets?

Postby tony.latham » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:41 pm

I'll bite.

A garbage bag holder for the galley.

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:59 am

Tony beat me to the punch on this one - My garbage bag holder (just a bit different design than Tony's) I carry two of them that have been modified with a piece of scrap/excess side table holding material pop-riveted to it, so it can be attached/hung anywhere to the trailer where I have an --'opposite' mating piece of excess scrap-- mounted (side of tongue box/numerous edges of side tables on trailer /edge of folding side table on folding chair, etc.) 160680 (I forgot to say that I make this from a "InterDesign" brand-made 'Over Cabinet Bag Holder' that I cut the 'ear' of the cabinet door holder off of and this is were I install the piece of scrap side-table holding material to it with pop-rivets. I purchased mine from Camping World which are stocked in their housewares section)
Last edited by gudmund on Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Cosmo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:55 am

I was a resistor but this Jackery 500 Battery system is really great for the power hungry camper like me.

There are many makes and models of these power units. I just happen to land on this one.

I am still testing it here at home. So far it powered the X-mass tree, laptop and lots more in testing. This model is a 500 watt rig Lithium battery. Affiliate link https://amzn.to/2sskx8S That works out to about 41 amps at 12 volts. With lithium batteries you can drain to zero without damage. To put this in perspective I would need a about an 80 amp hour AGM to get the same usable energy out of it. I can power my Dometic CFX-35 about 24 hours on the Jackery, In a pinch I can power the entire trailer off the Jack for lighting audio etc. by plugging Jack into the Shore power connection.

I like high availability systems and this is a good addition to what I already have. I will have full portable power in the Clam Shelter or anywhere (120AC, 12V DC and 5 volt USB, full sine wave inverter built in)!

Lithium batteries are not for cold weather and can be permanently damaged if used below +20F. This unit wont function below +30F to protect it. my trailer is heated so not too much of an issue for me in the winter.

I like to edit video on my power hungry laptop at night while camping and this thing has enough juice to keep me running all night. While testing I drained and recharged my laptop a total of 7 times with one Jack charge.

I have not recharged it with a 100 watt solar panel yet and have not charged it using the car12V yet. once I am comfortable with it I will do an deeper review. But there are lots-O-Reviews on youtube available. It weights in at 13 pounds and many CPAP users are claiming success breathing with this thing (I am not a CPAP user). Obviously not all appliance consume the same amount of power. Your mileage may vary...

At 13 pounds its lugable and very versatile. I cant wait to get out on the road with it. Recharging 500 watts can take all day. On Grid AC power it took 8 hours to charge it from 20% to 100%. Other than long recharge time I like it. It is delivering what it promises.

Affiliate link 12V output to alligator clamps https://amzn.to/2thXZrr
Affiliate link Solar panel input to Jackery 8MM connector. https://amzn.to/2SF6jvW

Happy New Year! Wishing all, health, wealth and the time to enjoy both!

=Cosmo
Last edited by Cosmo on Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby bdosborn » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:16 pm

The lantern tree I made last spring:

And the pole light that goes along with it:

The jackery like battery pack I made for the DC fridge:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:55 pm

another item I like that I have added, now to both of the teardrops I have owned is the installing of the Stainless 'disabled' grab bars - on my 1st one, I had them mounted, one 18 inch one on each side above my side-tables using them for towel bars - place to clamp/tie too, etc. On my second one, today's tear, being this trailer has no ice chest/lower storage area in the rear as most tears do, it has the drop-in storage box below the counter-top instead, I found a 54 inch long SS 'disabled' bar on Amazon and mounted it width-wide across the back. It is used as the others were before, along with it now being another alternate place for mounting a 'side-table' - either of my side tables can still be mounted on the trailer sides, along with also being used mounted off the trailer back end - 'camp site' logistics' now dictate side-table placement - much more versatile!!
pic of old tear with side towel bars 160441
Last edited by gudmund on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Modstock » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:08 pm

Mine got cabinets last winter and the hatch area was finally finished.
My goal was to be more organized.
ImageImage

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:25 pm

My wife came up with this solution for the trash bag, recycle bag on the first teardrop I made, works great.
We watch Amazon prime etc. in the TD, that's in our garage.
Since the router is centrally located in the house, the WIFI signal wasn't that reliable in the garage, so I added this HDMI cable outlet.
It was a lot of work, but well worth it.
Now no more WIFI issues.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby PCO6 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:41 am

Lots of "garbage" being discussed here. :lol:

I use a Trasheroo on my tow vehicle. I put an actual garbage can in it which makes it much more usable … plus it looks a lot better when it's empty.

PCO6
Teardrop Master

Postby gudmund » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:08 pm

Garbage Bags ?? When it comes to 'garbage bags', us that have made 'garbage bag holders' have to get this info out there!! = when it comes to "plastic" garbage bags, their days could be numbered being so many areas' are 'out-lawing' them!! We have started loosing our supply' for the future!! ( :roll: maybe they will become a "collectors" item :roll: ) have to get them, while the getting is still good !!!!!!........................
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Cosmo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:24 am

Great topic! What is the plastic bag alternative? This would be a great new topic.

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby tony.latham » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:33 am

What is the plastic bag alternative?

We use these biodegradable ones at home. I was skeptical at first but they are fine.
https://www.amazon.com/UNNI-Compostable-Kitchen-Certified-Francisco/dp/B013XGQXVW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=biodegradable+bags&qid=1577812532&s=digital-text&sr=1-1-catcorr

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Cosmo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:46 am

Thanks Tony for this and all the other great information you have provided. I am ordering the bags. I use the store type bag often called T Shirt bags. So I am ordering this model which I can hang off my table. Affiliate link https://amzn.to/2SMUB2u Now i have something new to pontificate about around the campfire!

Happy New Year
=Cosmo

Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby booyah » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 pm

So I'm not sure about "Gadgets" per se, but i do love my toys!

Chairs for camp that pack up tiny into the tongue box
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail- ... /551958950

Lights for the Eazy Up
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Vo ... /300508296

A nice way to keep the mosquitoes away
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Thermacell-L ... /518333107

These are a few of my favorite things :-D
My build, 5x8 modified benroy "Smiles to go". Started April 2nd 2015, first trip August 2nd 2015.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63145
booyah
The 300 Club

Postby noseoil » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:10 am

Towel holder, with 1" marble inside. Drill a block for the marble on an angle so it can roll out of the block when held in a vertical position, then use an extra piece of wood to keep the marble in place with a small "cap" of wood, which leaves a gap between the marble & the outside. The towel will slide in, but can't fall out of the bottom due to gravity. If the towel comes out by itself, you have entered a "0" gravity situation & have other problems...

Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion