Today is our 50th.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Today is our 50th.

Postby Bigwoods » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Today is our 50th Anniversary. I know it says Merry Christmas but I couldn't remember how to upload a new picture. Half century with the same woman. We still take care of each other. She loves going in the teardrop.
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Re: Today is our 50th.

Postby mary and bob » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 pm

congratulations, you both look great. We are heading to our 53rd later this year. Still have our teardrop, but now camp in a 17 foot Casita.
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby pchast » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:11 pm

Congratulations!
That's a special milestone. :applause:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby swoody126 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:58 am

WONDERFUL!

darn few make it in this day n age

we celebrated our 50th not long ago by taking the whole fam damily to the only non chain eatery left in town where we ate while dating(when we felt flush) which was a drive in complete w/ car hops kinda like Mel's in American Graffiti

here'z WISHING YOU MANY MORE

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby Bigwoods » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Happy 50th. Anniversary Our 50 Year Love Story

Once we became empty nesters, we would camp, canoe and Linda loves to fish. We had memorable trips to the BWCA and even saw the pictographs and the eagles. We were having a great time and then one January night Linda came down the stairs and something was wrong. Training told me what was and we sped to Altru. They went to work and it was a stroke.

First day was hard. I went home for some sleep and at 2 AM the Dr. called. He said, "Linda was in ICU and what are her donor wishes?" I wanted to be by her side and Drs. said I was not allowed to see her until 8 AM.

When I went in our prayers were answered and she was happy, but different. She started therapy after a some time she made progress. She has some weakness but over time made a pretty good recovery. She can do most anything she wants. Especially roam thrift stores.

Linda loves to read and is very smart. She knows something about most everything. She has a terrific memory, but sometimes the stroke won't let the words out. The thought is in her head but won't come out. Our new trick is for her to draw a picture. It works! Sometimes she uses the wrong word for an item. To this day we laugh because when she came home from the hospital, for about 3 weeks she asked me to get her conyers. I would look and say this or that. Turns out that what she called bras. We still do. Eventually we named a cat Conyers.

One night I found her scared and crying.. It was hard. She trembled. Finally she told me she was afraid no one would take care of her or help her... I tried to reassure her. I made her a card that is in her pill box. I promised to take care of her all of my days. She smiled and felt better, then I asked her if she would Marry Me again in our little church. She said YES! Praise God

So, on our following anniversary in 2011 we had a Rededication Ceremony and she married me again..

Thanks everyone
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Return to General Discussion