Polar Bear Teardrop Standy

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Polar Bear Teardrop Standy

Postby JuneBug » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:20 am

This may be the one for us: Polar Bear by Rustic Trail Teardop Campers https://www.rustictrailteardrops.com/polar-bear/

A teardrop standy (6' interior at the front) that is light, very reasonably priced (starting at under $9,000), at 5' wide should be an economical tow, and the teardrop aesthetics are lovely!

Anyway, something fun to dream about since road trips are on hold for quite some time.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Re: Polar Bear Teardrop Standy

Postby Cathy P. » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:01 pm

I haven't read any complaints about them, which I can't say about many things anymore. I did see one from the outside, and did sneak a peek from the driveway in the RV park of the shorter one that they have, and I can't remember which "bear" it is. It was very attractive and the workmanship looked good! The people were very happy with it. Does look so easy compared to our TT, as they just drove in, took 2 or 3 minutes to level and plug in.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby HarryL » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:07 pm

Seems $$ for what you get. I built mine about 5 years age for arount $6000. That includes a air conditioner/heat pump and a rear outside galley.
HarryL
Teardrop Builder

Postby JuneBug » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:48 pm

HarryL wrote:Seems $$ for what you get. I built mine about 5 years age for arount $6000. That includes a air conditioner/heat pump and a rear outside galley.

I've set aside my dream of building one; for our situation and budget right now, store bought and ready to roll at this price point is feasible and we need a standy. Also, I'm seeing numerous commercial teardrops priced at $12,000 on up; crazy expensive. This one has some nice features with the basic model, including trailer brakes. I also like that they have the supplemental stuff that is needed so you can get a sense of all the extraneous stuff, add it up, and not be surprised by sticker shock.

I'd really like a fiberglass Weiscraft Little Joe or something similar, but those are in the $20,000 range. A Casita (they no longer have the 13' Patriot), starts out at around $22,000 and is right at the towing limit for our Toyo Sienna.

My brother and SiL are moving to North Carolina in a year or two and they have made a few driving trips to take things there; if the timing were right, they could bring a Polar Bear back to me in Texas towed with their nice big truck.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion