Little Guy 5 Wide Reviews wanted!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Little Guy 5 Wide Reviews wanted!

Postby Darcym12345 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi all. I have considered many different options over the past year (from purchasing to home build to CTC), and suddenly a 2010 Lil Guy 5 wide has popped up for sale for a reasonable price. In doing some reading though, it seems like some LG doors have leaked.

The owner also posted a few pictures which worry me: one in the winter with no cover (where we get a fair bit of snow & -25 weather), and one with a tarp over top of the camper when the campsite was set up.

I don't have an exact model number, but it's a 5 wide with power but no sink or stove. It's 6 hours away, so I won't be seeing it without making a special trip... hoping to get any opinions on how The LG 5 wide has aged.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :thumbsup: :beer: :D
Darcym12345
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Little Guy 5 Wide Reviews wanted!

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun May 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Little Guy makes a good entry level Teardrop. But they did have several issues with leaking causing some big problems. Just from the limited information you supplied I would have some concerns. Add to that a 6 hour drive to look at it would not make me want it. Where are you located and what price range are you looking at? Maybe someone can meet your needs much closer to your home. Good luck in your search. The last thing you want is to buy something you need to work on before you can use it.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to General Discussion