Flaming Gorge mice problem ?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Flaming Gorge mice problem ?

Postby Modstock » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Was looking into a trip to flaming gorge and a neighbor had told me they had mice get into their trailer, also into the engine bay in the truck made a nest.

Anyone experience this ?

Looking more north at some beach/marina campsites, I found a review saying this as well.
Any campgrounds free of this , maybe more towards the mountains ?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Flaming Gorge mice problem ?

Postby Tom&Shelly » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Modstock wrote:Was looking into a trip to flaming gorge and a neighbor had told me they had mice get into their trailer, also into the engine bay in the truck made a nest.

Anyone experience this ?

Looking more north at some beach/marina campsites, I found a review saying this as well.
Any campgrounds free of this , maybe more towards the mountains ?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

We've experienced those problems here, in the East Mountains, in New Mexico, and once at Rocky Mountain National Park, but not at Flaming Gorge. Not that it wouldn't happen there, or anywhere around forests, I suppose.

A solution for the engine compartment is to leave the hood up, if it isn't too windy. (I did damage an old Jeep that way once--still better than the $100+ repair bill from the mice.) We also use pieces of Irish Spring soap, and Victor mint rodent repellent, with some limited success.

https://www.amazon.com/Victor-Scent-Away-Rodent-Repeller-M803/dp/B00SVHX07O/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2Q02XUJOMXLL5&dchild=1&keywords=victor+mint+mouse+repellent&qid=1597429941&sprefix=Victor+mint%2Caps%2C329&sr=8-6

My wife and I used to tent camp, and we love Canyon Ridge Campground, the National Forest campsite above the south cliff at Flaming Gorge. (We'll get back up there with our teardrop someday.)

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ashley/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=72181&actid=29

I wouldn't bet against the mice loving it too, however.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Return to General Discussion