Winter arm chair camp ground scouting..

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Winter arm chair camp ground scouting..

Postby Tom&Shelly » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:42 am

Hi Slow, season's greetings!

Shelly and I were planning to visit my family in Upstate NY last Summer, but of course the pandemic delayed that. Assuming things open up this coming year, we're considering spending a few months up there, and using it as a base camp to take the teardrop exploring the Northeast.

One thought is a loop from there through Quebec, then to the Labrador highway (only road across the province) to the Atlantic coast. Then down the coast, taking a ferry to Newfoundland, and (after exploring for a few weeks) another ferry to the Maritime Provences, and back to Upstate NY by way of New England. There are some French islands off the coast of Newfoundland we also want to see (St Pierre et Miquelon) but we'll have to take a passenger ferry and leave the teardrop in Newfoundland while we do that.

It's a part of the world I've always wanted to see, with a few cities and a lot of rural places and wilderness. The furthest North East we can take a camper in North America. My understanding is that we can camp for free on most of Labrador and Newfoundland in undeveloped areas.

Planning and learning about the area keeps us entertained. We're even taking French classes so we'll, hopefully, have some idea what we're doing in Quebec and St Pierre and Miquelon.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Re: Winter arm chair camp ground scouting..

Postby Modstock » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:43 am

Already planning our spring trip. Watching videos on the route. It's a long dirt road with some rocky sections im hoping I can get the trailer through.
Making a plan B trip too just in case of a shutdown or travel restrictions.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion