Profile-Radius corners

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Profile-Radius corners

Postby Capebuild » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:38 am

Danny, thanks so much for all that information. That's really a big help. I do like the way you've designed the ends of your trailer with the curves and now that I see how you've accomplished
that design, it all makes sense. Thanks for all those measurements. Noted, things may wind up being a bit different from what I'm working on, but the layout starts to become clear. I need to
absorb a bit more from your last post. When I get a little further along on my design, I'll post images so you can see what the direction I'm headed. Also, I think I remember you saying you didn't
insulate your walls, so that would note your wall thickness of .750.

Was there a reason you left a .625" gap between the chassis frame and the inside of the wall, rather than inside wall right up against the chassis frame wall? Just curious. (less chance of moisture getting trapped in there, maybe?)

Again, I really appreciate your help! Thanks!!

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 pm

John, It doesn't make sense to make the cabin walls tight to the chassis, otherwise you won't be able to make out of square adjustments so the teardrop doesn't look like it's going sideways down the road.
It also give you room to attach fender bolts, clearance lights and I like to observe Gorilla Glue squeeze out from the dado/plow on the walls to floor attachment.
No need to make things so tight that the finishes of the chassis and wall rub off.
I use vehicle undercoat black spray on the part of the walls that overhang the chassis.
:D Danny

ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby western traveler » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:01 pm

“Thanks for the kudos, I put my everything into whatever I'm building”

It surely shows Danny. A beautiful build and thanks for the detailed description of how you did it...
western traveler
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:38 pm

western traveler wrote:“Thanks for the kudos, I put my everything into whatever I'm building”

It surely shows Danny. A beautiful build and thanks for the detailed description of how you did it...

Thanks, It pleases me to help, when I can.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Previous

Return to General Discussion