Kitchen and cabin coming along

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Kitchen and cabin coming along

Postby mexican tear » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:50 pm

Checkout the latest progress. Click on the link below.

The Mexican "cooking pot" sink is inspired by the stainless bowl idea I got from you guys. Thanks

kai
Last edited by mexican tear on Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:53 pm

It's coming along real nice Kai... You're giving it some real thought, eh?

What's that in the middle towards the top? A drawer?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mexican tear » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:57 pm

The thing near the top is a 24 in drawer that is part way in the cabin when closed and the rest 6" in the galley. I wanted a big drawer in the kitchen and could use a little less storage in the cabin, so this was the compromise. I hope it works. My wife already has plans for stuff for it. Things like dishes and the like.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:06 pm

Hey Kai,
It's starting to look real good. I really like the way you did the sink. Is it just a bowl, or did you put a drain in it as well?
The wiring is looking like it's cleaning up real nice too. I hope when you're done, you will be able to show me all the specs on your wiring.

Postby mexican tear » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:19 pm

Dean
No I did not p[ut a drain in the bowl. My wife says as long as it lifts out, why do you need to put a drain. They are pretty fragil, so I have four more, I used to have 6. Broke one fitting it. They are realy neat. A "Mexican Tear" needs a mexican bowl.

The 12 V, electric is based around a marine fuse box and the 120, I kind of made up. The transfer switch is a little different, it is made from a two breaker box and a little slide. That way you can only have external power or the internal small inverter connected. I plan on chaging the 120 plugs in the back to plastic "old cnstruction" cut in boxes. They use these things in campers sometimes. The electrical is easy for me and the wood work is realy hard. Just the opposite of most of the people that I know.

My son gets here for a couple of weeks Thurs and then hopefully he will mail your and James W.'s stoves when he gets back to the US.

Thanks to all for the comments
kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby JamesW » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:43 pm

Kai,
Thanks again! My galley is on hold until I get the stove. I want to make sure everything fits perfectly. :)
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion