What is my foamie worth?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

What is my foamie worth?

Postby jimbo69ny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:58 pm

Hello,

I havent been active on here for a long time so you might not know me.

I built an EV range extending foamie camper that I call the T-Rex Camper. I spent an absurd amount of money on it. Spared no expense.

I have decided to build something bigger so I am interested in selling the camper. It wouldn't include the Tesla battery or high voltage components. Basically just the normal camper. The shell, Timbren suspension, tv, apple tv, kitchen, Dometic fridge and more. Everything is foam so its super light!

I have a youtube channel that documented the entire build.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuMP ... VMRR9UJ10a

What do you think its worth? I have well over $20,000 invested, not including any of my own time.

If you are interested let me know.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Re: What is my foamie worth?

Postby mnjeepguy » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:17 pm

No offense...but perhaps some pics here rather than a channel link that could potentially take hours? You documented everything and don't have a single pic? Obviously unlikely.
mnjeepguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jimbo69ny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:25 pm

mnjeepguy wrote:No offense...but perhaps some pics here rather than a channel link that could potentially take hours? You documented everything and don't have a single pic? Obviously unlikely.

Unlikely? lol um ok.

In order to post photos they have to be hosted somewhere. I have them on my personal drive so I dont have a link to post. They can see it by looking at any thumbnail. But if someone is serious I am happy to email more photos than they need.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby jimbo69ny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:27 pm

I just tried to upload one photo and it was too large of a file so it wouldnt upload...
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby TCJ » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:04 pm

I just checked out your Youtube channel to see the build . . . really cool. You did a beautiful job. I just love the concept of a foamie, and you included a lot of nice touches. And you covered it with fiberglass, which is the way to go IMO.

I'm not in the market for a trailer, but if I were there are some things I'd want to know:
weight?
dimensions?
wheels + tires?
suspension?

I suspect I could probably ferret that out of your Youtube build videos, but that would be a lot of work and unnecessary if you just told us upfront.

Good luck, I suspect whoever buys it will be getting a great trailer.
TCJ
Teardrop Builder

Postby saywhatthat » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:35 pm

you posting on face book just post picture from there . You have posted picture here of your build . make you think
Il suffit de le faire
fast, cheap, fiberglass/ foam stressed skin panels
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73945

Build 4.5 by 8' using Trailtop fiberglass Components
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70729
saywhatthat
500 Club

Postby jimbo69ny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:44 pm

saywhatthat wrote:you posting on face book just post picture from there . You have posted picture here of your build . make you think

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Sorry.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby jimbo69ny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:45 pm

TCJ wrote:I just checked out your Youtube channel to see the build . . . really cool. You did a beautiful job. I just love the concept of a foamie, and you included a lot of nice touches. And you covered it with fiberglass, which is the way to go IMO.

I'm not in the market for a trailer, but if I were there are some things I'd want to know:
weight?
dimensions?
wheels + tires?
suspension?

I suspect I could probably ferret that out of your Youtube build videos, but that would be a lot of work and unnecessary if you just told us upfront.

Good luck, I suspect whoever buys it will be getting a great trailer.

Thank you! I will work on getting more details together. You are right, they are in my videos but Ill collect it all and type it too.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby MickinOz » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:45 pm

Curious how you get by with no mudguards/fenders. I wouldn't get to the end of my street without a "discussion" with the local constabulary if I tried that.
How do you propose to remove the battery and high voltage stuff without leaving a mess?
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby jimbo69ny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:59 pm

MickinOz wrote:Curious how you get by with no mudguards/fenders. I wouldn't get to the end of my street without a "discussion" with the local constabulary if I tried that.
How do you propose to remove the battery and high voltage stuff without leaving a mess?

Idk I have traveled thousands of miles all over the north east and I never had a problem. I had planned on doing some kind of aerodynamic fender out of fiberglass but never did it.

The battery will drop out the bottom. Its super heavy so it would be some work but I would make it happen.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:56 pm

What do you think its worth? I have well over $20,000 invested

I assume that was with the car battery?

Selling this without a battery means that someone is either going to have to install an AGM-like battery or find a used Tesla battery to install. Of course, the latter number of folks interested in doing that is limited.

Realistically, I would guess big-pall park, $5,000. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news. :cry:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby jimbo69ny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:12 pm

tony.latham wrote:
What do you think its worth? I have well over $20,000 invested

I assume that was with the car battery?

Selling this without a battery means that someone is either going to have to install an AGM-like battery or find a used Tesla battery to install. Of course, the latter number of folks interested in doing that is limited.

Realistically, I would guess big-pall park, $5,000. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news. :cry:

Tony

It still needs a 12v battery. I have a 12v deep cycle battery to power everything.
Thanks for your input!
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby MickinOz » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:09 am

jimbo69ny wrote:
MickinOz wrote:Curious how you get by with no mudguards/fenders. I wouldn't get to the end of my street without a "discussion" with the local constabulary if I tried that.

Idk I have traveled thousands of miles all over the north east and I never had a problem. I had planned on doing some kind of aerodynamic fender out of fiberglass but never did it.

The battery will drop out the bottom. Its super heavy so it would be some work but I would make it happen.

You are lucky. The cops over here would never let me get away with it. I reinstall the mudguards every time I take my current build to my mother's place for undercover storage, and that would be less than half a mile away.

Once the battery comes out, that leaves the wiring and control systems, and the weight distribution. How will they tidy up? Seems to be a lot of trailer behind the axle, will it end up dangerously ass-heavy?
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby GPW » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:30 am

A Foamie trailer is worth what it means to you . Most people are totally unaware of the merits of a Foamie , and spend big bucks on an overly heavy commercial trailer that quickly falls apart or rots .. :duh:
Foamies are the thinking man’s trailer … Practical, and made to last … :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Return to General Discussion