10 pounds of stuff

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

10 pounds of stuff

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:34 pm

...in a 5 pound sack... isn't that what Chip said?

That's how I feel as I sit in the inside of the 5' wide weekender. Sure it's possible to squeeze it all in, but then you feel really crowded!

Here's a few photos I thought I'd share with you guys...

We've already ruled out the a/c. What's next to go?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:53 pm

Mike,
Do the AC like engled did his and make the 5 lb. bag, so it converts into a 10 lb. bag when not in transit.

Postby beverlyt » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:55 pm

Mike,
Well, I've got to ask. About the table inside. Now I know you guys want one, I wanted one too. BUT... what's the real difference in say having an ez-up with walls....or something of the like, and sitting outside in that?
Or something like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW
Then you don't have to convert things back into the bed at night.

One point might be it's cooler inside the trailer? I'm just wondering what you're thoughts are on this since I've never had a table inside mine. It's gotta be somewhat cramped inside these small trailers sitting at a table...is it really worth the effort?
Is it that much better than sitting outside in a enclosure of some sort??
Just asking since I suppose we could one day change ours out, tear out the cabinets above our heads and use our table to sit on one end. (Though I've found I don't bump my head anymore and I fill those cabinets up with small items such as batteries, etc.)

One thing you have that is nice though is 5' of width...sounds wonderful for sleeping!

And I agree with Dean, I would just bring the air along like Darryl does.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby shil » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:14 pm

I’ve got to agree with Beverly: the teardrop’s for sleeping and cooking. I’m not going to haul a 5’ x 10’ box to the woods to sit in it, no matter how nice it is inside. If it’s too hot or too cold to go outside then I’ll stay home.

KISS
shil
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:24 pm

Mike,,I know its a weekender but it just aint gonna happen in a weekend,,,step back and look at what can be shoehorned into the tight space and also think about what the tear is for,,its a get the hell out of Dodge quick trailer,,spur of the moment,,if ya going in comfort take the baja if its a one nighter and the weather is nice then take the weekender,,at least ya got a choice here,,look at what is and is not necessary and go from there,,

speaking of 10 lbs, Donna is a real fan of pillows,,check out my 1/2 trailer full of pillows,, where the hairy are we gonna put them when we trying to sleep,,damn home & guarden and DIY tv has bout filled up my tear,,oh also I got the fenders mounted, ,see pic also

http://photos.yahoo.com/abc187chip
look at progress as of august

hang in there Mike,,
chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby JamesW » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:42 pm

Mike,
How many people do you plan on having sit at the table? if no more then two, why not run the table from port to starboard and have it attached to the forward bulkhead? This should give room for two to sit on a bench type seat.
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion