Truss head screws

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Truss head screws

Postby NephewMiny » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:14 pm

Did you ever manage to track down those elusive #11 or #12 self-tapping truss head screws?
NephewMiny
Teardrop Inspector

Postby IroAhmad » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:35 pm

I stumbled upon your 2022 post while hunting for some screws myself. And kudos to you for considering upgrading to a larger size for those 37-year-old holes – a smart move!
Regarding the Lowes #8 option, I get the hesitation about creating a Swiss cheese effect on the framing. Maybe someone here has a brilliant alternative or can vouch for the Lowes solution?
By the way, I've also recently found the Machine Screws Manufacturer website and ordered from them. They've got a stellar reputation for quality. No Fastenal account needed, just good old reliable screws.
IroAhmad
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tom&Shelly » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm

If the screws are so good, why do they pay a spammer to advertise them? :stompspam: Oh, he is a spammer--this is his second spam post on our forum.

Incidently, this company evidently doesn't even sell small lots to users like teardrop builders. From that particular website, they manufacture screws and you have to call them (in British Columbia) to place an order. For all I know, you might have to pay duties to ship extremely large lots (for us) to the US. The spammer is almost certainly lying when he claims he's ordered from them. :thinking:

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion