Paint sprayer

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Paint sprayer

Postby Wrecit » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:03 pm

Ok total insanity question. Getting ready to paint my trailer. Been about 2 decades since I did any auto type painting and I do not have a compressor rig large enough to do the job so I am going to use a harbor freight Avanti HVPL.

I know HF is all junk and tankless sprayers are junk. Now that that's out of the way anyone got any experience with tankless sprayers? I know it won't be perfect but hoping it looks alot better than the foam roller test I did.

Looking for tips and tricks.
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Re: Paint sprayer

Postby JasenC » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:09 pm

I've been using their $100 HVLP rig, actually got it at Rockler WWing years ago. Sprayed many a cabinet, coffee table, etc with it and have had no complaints. Not something I'd spray a car with, but I'd spray my camper with it.
Are you looking at the cheapo ones or the not quite as cheapo.

As I say with HF, if you don't need it to last any longer then the job and it holds up, it's a win.

I will add I use their 4.5" angle grinders. I've burnt up to many $80-100 ones over the years way to soon. I used to keep 2 in my truck, one dies, toss it and grab another $12-14 grinder and get back to work. I've never burnt up enough of them in a year to negate the cost savings.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Postby Wrecit » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:08 am

You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Postby bdosborn » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:05 pm

I've been using a Harbor Freight HVLP sprayer for a decade or so and get great results. It doesn't take much of a compressor to run it.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion