Bluetick Coonhounds are the best hunting dogs

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Bluetick Coonhounds are the best hunting dogs

Postby rylanschneider » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:23 am

As the name suggests, they are known to be daring predators, specializing in hunting raccoons. They are scent-based scent-seeking canines. Hunt with an acute sense of smell. They hunt without mercy and can adapt to any victim. Bluetick Coonhounds will pursue their prey until they are caught. They can fly and wait all night long if the impulses are still present and continue to grow. If you are curious, let DogCutiesHQ help you learn more about this breed.

1. Origin of Bluetick Coonhound

British immigrants introduced Blueticks to America before they were thought of being an American purebred breed. As of right now, they are regarded as the dominant raccoon and raccoon dog breed. They claim that their ancestry dates back to the time before the formal founding of the United States. Since 1953, they have served as the University of Tennessee's official athletic mascot.

2. Bluetick Coonhound Features

The Bluetick Coonhound has a toned, powerful appearance. They move swiftly and easily because of their small size. They are typically 55–80 pounds and 22–27 inches tall for men, and 45–65 pounds and 21–25 inches tall for women.

Their snouts are fairly large and pointed, and their broad heads are similar. With relatively big, long, and drooping ears, the Bluetick Coonhound has almond-shaped, fairly round eyes that are black and dark brown. Depending on the color of the coat, the nose is preeminent black or brown. A semicircle-shaped, long, pointed tail is present. An interesting point that DogCutiesHQ points out is that they have a rather loud and distinct bark.

3. Bluetick Coonhound Personality

They come pre-equipped with a hearing nose because they are hunting dogs. Even from a distance, they have a keen sense of smell. Don't allow them to connect with kids on their own since abrasive personalities may sometimes be harmful to kids. Most importantly, because they will be treated as prey, this dog's leader personality makes it unsuitable for households with other pets.

Careful training is required if you plan to keep them as pets. Some of the undesirable traits of the hunting dog can be eliminated by training. A dog's development into content and well-adjusted adult canine is mainly derived from the first 3 months of its existence.

4. Health and exercise

Their life expectancy is between 11 and 12 years. Despite being a fit and healthy dog, it is prone to bloating. Also, you should frequently examine the ears for infections and cut the hair if it is too long if it is too thick. You can see more ways to take care of their fur at DogCutiesHQ, which talks in great detail.

Next, you should be aware that when rearing them, you must let them go on several walks with a strong leash in hand since they have a lot of energy. It's nice if you can visit two or three times every week, and it's much handier if you have a garden. This breed would greatly benefit from scent walks and nose games to keep them cognitively engaged.
Last edited by rylanschneider on Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
rylanschneider
Teardrop Inspector

Re: What kind of glue?

Postby JasenC » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:33 am

Finger jointed isn't structurally sound, stick to solid wood and rip it the day your going to use it so it doesn't have time to warp. Once it's screwed and glued it's not going to move. Same thing I did with ripping my 2x4s into 2x2s any warping due to tension release is no big deal, just pull it into line.
Don't glue over primed wood, the strength of wood glue is the penetration into the wood fibers, gluing over primer means your bond is only as good as the paints bond to the wood, which is not as strong as gluing to raw wood.
If you're concerned about your perimeter frame use pressure treated and untreated for the interior framing to save a few bucks.
As far as glue, I use Titebond 2 for my framing joints and a PL (polyurethan) construction adhesive to glue the ply to the framing, also use enough PL glue to get some squeeze out to seal the seam up nicely.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Postby Modstock » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:17 pm

Deleted

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Last edited by Modstock on Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:49 pm

I would normally take a 1X4 and rip it to make my framing material but I've found that the raw wood can warp...

I've never had a piece of poplar wood warp after ripping. It's one reason I use it for spars.

As far as gluing primed wood, you'll only get the strength of the primer. Which may not be much.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wrecit » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:54 pm

Will echo glueing to primer is a bad idea. Any primed surface you need to apply glue requires good old 120 or 180 grit and an orbital.

Will also second that not comfortable going with finger joints. If it were stationary book case or furniture maybe but a trailer that's going to travel down the highway and byways of America is a solid no for this carpenter by trade.
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion