Atempower DC/DC

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Atempower DC/DC

Postby RJ Howell » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:09 pm

Not knowing who has followed the conversation @dbhosttexas and I have gadabout his purchase of a Atempower multi-charger or not.. Thought I'd post it for others that may be thinking about something along these lines.

I purchased the Atempower AP30DC DC/DC Solar charger. I needed a replacement to my Renogy unit of same power.At just over $300 I decided to hookup my older system and wait the pricing out with Renogy.. Along comes DB and introduced me to this little Aussie power unit.

DB was concerned about it charging LiOn batteries and not LiFePo4. I read the spec's and it looked good to me and at 1/2 the cost.. I'll give it a go!

Nothing on my spec sheet even mentions LiOn batt's and everything here on mine states/works for LiFePo4. Cool!

Item for item, by spec's, it matches Renogy. Then it goes a bit further and adds an 'optional' ignition sensor. May not mean much to you, but if you wish to turn it off/on you can connect the wire. If not, then it works when ever your truck (main) battery is full automatically. That's cool.
Then it also has a temperature sensor, like all LiFePo4's should have, to shut down if too hot or cool.
Neither does the Renogy have at twice the price.

I'm not invested in the company.. even though it sounds it. I may just check if they're a public stock though..

Just saying looking like a good product, from folks that have been doing back country for some time now and have a clue how..
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion