"New" Tiny Trailer 1961 Shasta Compact

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

"New" Tiny Trailer 1961 Shasta Compact

Postby 2bits » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:23 pm

Just bought this 20 days ago, hoping i can get everything done before the title comes in 8) It is only 10 feet long and 1200lbs. I love the all original wood interior. What I have done so far is replace all the locks and put some slot mags on it and went through with Murphys oil soap and cleaned every square inch. I then used Howards wood restorer and I am done except for two ceiling panels. It also had some dopey seat cushions in it which I replaced with some cool ones.

I found a perfect size fridge to replace the Ice box and I super short Portable AC that actually fits under the sink, neither are installed but I set them in place to be sure it will fly. That is where I stand now. It took me forever to decide on and determine what I wanted to do and locate the adapters needed to rebuilt the electrical, propane and water systems as well as vent the AC and all the parts are coming in tomorrow so I will be busy.

Bit of a setback today,, I just wanted to remove ONE NUT to pull the faucet but it was impossible to get to and the sink was actually framed into the counter so I had to pull the entire counter top out and now it is all coming apart since they made them so cheap and I need to rebuild the counter top, frustrating but whatever.

That about catches me up except to say I have been with the site since 2009, built two teardrops and one larger camper from the ground up and I have done countless jobs on many many others. I am also the Moderator for the South Central region on the site. Had not been posting much so I felt an introduction was warranted since my exodus from facecrook brings me back home.

Here is the camper
Attachments
IMG_E2558.JPG
IMG_E2558.JPG (126.26 KiB) Viewed 283 times
IMG_2575.JPG
IMG_2575.JPG (171.66 KiB) Viewed 283 times
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2950.JPG (69.12 KiB) Viewed 283 times
IMG_2999.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG (102.24 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: "New" Tiny Trailer 1961 Shasta Compact

Postby QueticoBill » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:27 am

Sweet!
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:32 pm

I was wondering where you’d got to, thought maybe those Texan mountain lions might have got you ;)
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby 2bits » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:57 pm

Greg M wrote:I was wondering where you’d got to, thought maybe those Texan mountain lions might have got you ;)

Yup got into the vintage camper thing (and the hell that is FB), I always checked back here now and then but like so many others got sucked into the dark side. I swear if I saw "Is this available" on my messenger ONE MORE TIME :x :lol: :stompspam:

Speaking of which, your signature line describes it all, we were here on the internet long before the internet was mainstream.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Mark Gunter » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:14 am

Man that is absolutely beautiful. I’m jealous >drool<
I'm a happy man, I love my life!

My Gunter Li’l Standy build journal:
https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75291
Mark Gunter
Teardrop Advisor

Return to General Discussion