Amazon

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Amazon

Postby RJ Howell » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:16 pm

I've hit a streak for bogus listings on Amazon as of late! I'm trying to get the build complete, but goods are just not coming! They are listed as next day and 3 weeks later I get a refund.. I'm on number 4 of items...

Anyone else seeing a trend?
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Amazon

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Haven't ordered from them in awhile, so I haven't noticed that. We thought we would get Prime shipping today, but evidently "Prime Day" isn't that anymore.

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:03 pm

I buy from them all the time. Sometimes, they will send me an email, saying they are rescheduling delivery but not very often.
It may have to do with where you live and how far things have to travel. I'm in California and get things fast. I send things to my sister in Maine via Amazon and it usually takes an extra 4 days because of their location and the locations of Amazon's warehouses. Another thing to watch is how many of the item they say they have. If they are down to maybe 3 of the item, you better jump on it! Also, some things are sent directly from the supplier and not from Amazon at all. Those I'm hesitant to buy from.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby RJ Howell » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:34 am

Well, I found the issue. Problem is with the tracking numbers given by the seller. First one was just bogus which I learned by calling Fedex. Second one, same item, ended up being UPS does not like either Safari, Goggle or the combination of both. That package though canceled and refunded, just arrived yesterday. I re-checked on Firefox this morning and behold.. the tracking number shows delivered by UPS.

I was having a third issue, third item close to the other two and re-checked that one on Firefox. There it is! Will be here on Friday.. Shows in Firefox!

All three of these are my awning order. The first two, no doubt, the sellers are ordering from China and having it air freighted. I almost did that myself.. The awning coming Friday was in stock in the US.

My windows are coming in on Tuesday that I did order direct from China. I had those shipped standard freight as that saved another $150. I see that the tracking number will not show/work until the items are in the hands, this time Fedex. That could also be part of the issue at hand.

Hey, what's one more curve ball in the game of life...
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:09 am

Amazon saga continues. Basic story, I purchased a 270° awning and the seller never supplied me with a legit tracking code. Delivery was late, I canceled the order and been refunded. That order, from the seller still says "running late". I found another seemed legit, I purchased and had that Mac/goggle issue. It also stated "running late". As in no idea when it may arrive. I canceled and have been refunded. I moved on and found a 180° awning I really like better and it's here tomorrow. Tracking works and confirmed by my visit to UPS.

Why go to UPS you ask? Well an awning arrived with a unknown tracking code and vender I do not recognize. Was it the first purchase or the second? UPS has no clue.. I reached to both and of course both are claiming it. Never have supplied the tracking number or Vendor it was shipped from. I have the address from Georgia. First seller I figure still was/is a scam. Second seller seems legit but yet to supply me with the Vendor or Tracking code that matches the shipment. Worst is under his tracking code it shows a 2 part delivery with only the cover and mounting hardware here under the supplied code.. It also shows a second part that has not yet been delivered, had UPS double check this. This seller just needs to tell me that he's good with the package being shipped back to the vendor in Georgia, of course in writing.

I have no idea why this is so hard to work out. The seller ships and has the tracking code! The seller should know the location it was shipped from.. right? I'm not going to just ship it to Georgia and have this seller tell Amazon they never received it..

:? :?

PS Just reached out again this morning to the second seller..
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Steambc » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:23 pm

I thought I was one of the only ones. It seems that 5 percent of my orders for tools and supplies never make it here. First I get a notification that my item is running late. Tracking shows nothing. Then comes another late notice, and Amazon tells me if it doesn't arrive within two days, I can cancel the order. Thanks, Amazon!

I'm hoping against hope for a delivery of aluminum round stock and two odd-size drill bits on Saturday. Too often my plans get delayed because items don't arrive as promised. The problem seems to be getting progressively worse this year.
Steambc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RJ Howell » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:26 pm

Steambc wrote:I thought I was one of the only ones. It seems that 5 percent of my orders for tools and supplies never make it here. First I get a notification that my item is running late. Tracking shows nothing. Then comes another late notice, and Amazon tells me if it doesn't arrive within two days, I can cancel the order. Thanks, Amazon!

I'm hoping against hope for a delivery of aluminum round stock and two odd-size drill bits on Saturday. Too often my plans get delayed because items don't arrive as promised. The problem seems to be getting progressively worse this year.

Even better that it shows up weeks later after you've been refunded and under a 'new' tracking number... Welcome to the madness!! :beer:
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Pmullen503 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:44 pm

Amazon shouldn't allow "drop shippers" or at least let you know that's who you are dealing with. It should be clear whether you are buying a product from a real merchant who actually has the product to sell, or just some shady middleman who might be able to place an order on your behalf.

Unfortunately, Amazon is sometimes the only source for odd parts or tools. Amazon is always my "last resort" choice of vendor, even if it's cheaper.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:28 pm

This is worked out on the awning. OVS is the US supplier of the awning, they were my second seller. As it worked out OVS ran out of Passenger side awnings and one of their distributors had one. They had him ship it to me. This created another shipping code.. Real nice conversation today with OVS in CA and worked through it all.

Dazed (as in days) and confused there for a bit.. :? One explained, with much effort. The others I really don't care about since I replaced the items quickly.
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dahlia47 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:07 pm

OMG!!! I thought it was just me too!! I have been ordering from amazon for almost 20 years. No problems. This year is another story.
January I order a cute little fake flame heater. Perfect size for my TTT. Never got it. Kept saying something about being picked up, the one day it says delivered. It did not ever arrive. I got a refund.
Then I order a watch. Says it will arrive, then it says late. Then it says I can get a refund. Got my refund. "IT" arrived very very late. I opened it yesterday and it was NOT a watch, it was a laser pointer!!!
Then I order a paddleboard. I get an email a couple days ago saying that the shipper is not able to confirm the order and I can request a refund. I go to chat, she says something about it looks like it will still arrive, she will contact the shipper and I should hear from th shipper in 24-48 hours. I get an email from the shipper that I can request a refund. I get on the phone and they say it may still arrive and they cant technically give me a refund untill end of day Thursday. So here I sit. Its supposed to arrive today. Nothing. So, tomorrow morning I will be contacting them yet again, for another refund.
I already told the lady on the phone if the paddleboard doesnt come, I am NOT ordering with them again.
I do have to use the rest of the amazon gift card though.

When I say shipper, I am talking about the amazon store owner. I cant remember what they are called.
So frustrating.
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion