Looking for photo of sportz tent behind teardrop

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby apratt » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:03 pm

TomS wrote:Here is the EZ-Up and Paha Que screen house set up in by back yard.

I happened to be painting my propane tank and tank mounts at the time. One of the nice features of the Paha Que screen house is the built-in awnings on all 4 sides that can be left down for privacy.

We leave for Myrtle Beach, our first trip of the year, a week from today. I'll let you know how they work for us.

Tom, on your Paha Que set up, how easy and how fast can one person set that up???
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby TomS » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:52 pm

Ira wrote:Tom, how was it setting it up? Also, what size did you get?

It looks a little pricey, since you have to buy the rainfly separately, but it looks like it handles a lot of functions.

Also, did you get the floor?

So , far we only set it up that one time in the yard. I estimate it took 20-30 minutes to get it set up and fully staked down. It has tons for guy lines to stake down. This thing is built to withstand some very nasty weather. I'm sure we'll set it up quicker next time, now that we're familiar with it.

The manufacturer recomends having two people set it up. If you go the Paha Que web site you'll see a video of the set up procedure.

The unit was expensive, I spent about $380 for the screen house and rain fly at Campmor. But, I really liked the privacy options of this unit and it's much better quality than cheaper screen houses sold at department stores.

We did not get the floor.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:59 pm

I just got this one for under $70 CAD........it's a 12'x12' and is 6'5" at the center. Now all I need is a trailer to put under it......well partly under it :)

Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:49 pm

My Sportz tent is different from the ones pictured. Instead of the fiberglass poles, mine has metal ones. I think I got the large one. It's OK, I got it on sale for cheap.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:00 am

We tested our screenhouse behind the Lil Diner this weekend. It wasn't bad, although it did tend to exaggerate the conditions on either end of the spectrum.

That's a far cry from how we used the screenhouse several years ago! :snappy:

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby anonymous2 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:15 pm

Hey Rob,

You have to send me an E-mail address,so I can put it on an invite. Sorry no quick reply,have done my first kayaking trip this weekend,and it rained the whole time. Will spend several days drying things out. No the teardrop stayed home ,because it won't float to well,and it real tough to drag behind a kayak.LOL

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion