Teardrop insurance

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Teardrop insurance

Postby beverlyt » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:56 am

Hi everybody!
Well, I talked to my insurance agent this week about getting insurance on my teardrop. He asked me what I had into it and I told him about $2500.00.
I showed him pictures and also some pics/prices of different trailers like the "Little Guy" and "Camp-inn".
He came up with a cost of $62.00 per year, which also covers theft....and is insured for only $2500.00.
The only problem is it won't give me enough to buy a "store" bought Camp-inn if something happens to my homebuilt. I don't want to build another one EVER!!
So what if mine is home-built...if your house burns down that you happen to have built yourself, they wouldn't make you build it again? They would pay to replace it, right?
Should I tell him I need enough coverage for a new one and isn't that the typical way to go?
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Joseph » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:40 am

Hey Bev,

This is one of those things that depends on your insurance company. I insured mine for a replacement cost of $5000 and they didn't bat an eye.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby mikeschn » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:50 am

Hey Bev,

You forgot to include your estimated labor of $2500. That would bring the value of your tear up to $5000. Then insure it for $5K and if something ever happened, you could replace it, without having to spend your labor on it again!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby OurStuff4You » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:06 am

Our teardrop is insured for $6,000. We had no problem doing this, and it's just on our regular auto insurance. Since we have a multiple vehicle discount this was cheaper than getting Haggerty or other such insurance. Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

I'm afraid of what my insurance will cost

Postby sftiggee » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:31 pm

I guess I'll call 21st Century and see how much my premium will be to insure mine for $10,000...eeek

what insurance company are you all using? gotta have a backup plan in case 21st century won't insure my tear...
Jolene, Luke, Jackson, Lilianne, and Bandit
2006 Camp-Inn Raindrop Ultra
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Re: I'm afraid of what my insurance will cost

Postby BufordT » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:26 pm

I don't think you will have a problem with that sftiggee. That's one neat trailer your getting there. I've seen how they construct those tears and they are most likely the top of the line for production tears.

Bufordt :twisted:

sftiggee wrote:I guess I'll call 21st Century and see how much my premium will be to insure mine for $10,000...eeek

what insurance company are you all using? gotta have a backup plan in case 21st century won't insure my tear...
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby sftiggee » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:12 pm

I AM having a problem getting insurance :( 21st century can't give me a quote because they can't find it in the Kelly Blue Book for Trailers. I've already contacted the gang at Camp-Inn to ask them about how to get around this and am waiting for their answer. Let's keep fingers crossed. As a nice side note, my trailer is on its way, shrink wrapped and sitting on the back of a car hauler. I bet people on the freeway are wondering "What the heck.." when they see it back there with all those cars :)
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Postby sftiggee » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:13 pm

I AM having a problem getting insurance :( 21st century can't give me a quote because they can't find it in the Kelly Blue Book for Trailers. I've already contacted the gang at Camp-Inn to ask them about how to get around this and am waiting for their answer. Let's keep fingers crossed. As a nice side note, my trailer is on its way, shrink wrapped and sitting on the back of a car hauler. I bet people on the freeway are wondering "What the heck.." when they see it back there with all those cars :)
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:06 am

"As a nice side note, my trailer is on its way, shrink wrapped and sitting on the back of a car hauler. I bet people on the freeway are wondering "What the heck.." when they see it back there with all those cars"

Jolene,

I'll bet some Hot Rodder that was coming this way hooked it up to the back of his Hot Rod and is bring it to you and testing everything to make sure it all works when you get it. :lol:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:00 am

My State Farm agent had no problem with insuring it. If your man can't do it, try state farm!!!

Mike...

sftiggee wrote:I AM having a problem getting insurance :( 21st century can't give me a quote because they can't find it in the Kelly Blue Book for Trailers. I've already contacted the gang at Camp-Inn to ask them about how to get around this and am waiting for their answer. Let's keep fingers crossed. As a nice side note, my trailer is on its way, shrink wrapped and sitting on the back of a car hauler. I bet people on the freeway are wondering "What the heck.." when they see it back there with all those cars :)
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby sftiggee » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:10 am

I'll bet some Hot Rodder that was coming this way hooked it up to the back of his Hot Rod and is bring it to you and testing everything to make sure it all works when you get it. :lol:

Gage:

That would be cool because then I wouldn't have to unpack it!! With the two tone birch sides, that trailer would look sweet behind a hotrod. Oh well, it will have to settle for being behind a diesel beetle..not quite as nifty. :) See you at the Dam gathering Gage.
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:48 am

"See you at the Dam gathering Gage" Won't be there this year. Just too much happening. Wouldn't you know it. Last year I got up there with no skin on the Scotsman and it rained the whole time and this year it's skined and it probably won't rain and I can't make it. :( Oh well, there will be next year. Enjoy Shasta.

Have a good weekend,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to General Discussion