BC Teardroppers Unite

British Columbia Chapter of the Tear Jerkers (Director Brian Woods "Vedette")

Re: BC Teardroppers Unite

Postby Roebuck » Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 am

Well it has been a little quiet in here as of late so I figured I would pop my head in and see what teardrop happenings have been going on for everyone.
Future home of trailer details...eventually.
Roebuck
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Vedette » Wed May 22, 2013 10:28 am

Yes it has been busy here at the Farm & Shop since we got home from the Dam.
We di have 4 B.C. Chapter members in attendance at the Dam in Lake Shasta.
Signed up two new TJ Chapter members that I have not even had time to officially welcome.
We are still growing steadily.
The Gorge Gathering is coming up this weekend and if the weather co-operates we will be heading out Thursday night.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby couponjnp » Sat May 25, 2013 3:50 am

Hi all,

Completely missed the BC TDers for such a long time. My name is Jasbir and living in Port Moody at present not sure and worried about future. I am following TnTTT for more than a year now especially Fomies section and slowly planning on my Foamie design. However, lot of important aspects of life keep me busy with other priorities.

Anyway, good to know so many of us from BC and would love to meet all of you at some point of time. I will also join TJ as soon as I find enough time to follow that up as well and send Brian an email with my contact information for the roster.

Cheers,

JNP
couponjnp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 am

Welcome Jasbir, I see you're an insomniac too
:lol: :lol:

My build is coming up on two years thanks to "important aspects of life keep me busy with other priorities" so I hear you !
I have built, demolished and rebuilt it in my head so many times now that I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it's finally done (besides camping !!).

There are a few members in the LM but everyone else is spread out so it's tough to plan a get together.
Pssst...don't tell Brian and Sandi but we're all gonna descend on 'The Farm' one weekend when they least expect it. Muwahaha.....

Where are you at with your trailer design ?

EDIT: anyone else notice we're up to 14 pages already ? Wow....
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby couponjnp » Sun May 26, 2013 2:46 am

Hi WW,

I follow your and every one's build in fomie section. I like your design and size and wish you best to finish it soon.

I drew couple of designs in drawing program :shhh: (secret from her worship). I actually have trailer frame (I believe 4 x 8) with a lot of rust. I am planning to use it for my future build. Also based on my family ( 2 + 2) and her worship's preference, I have to have toilet/porta potti room in the trailer. Once I finish my degree soon, I will start secret mission. ;)

I would love to start seeing people from this chapter.

Cheers,

JNP
couponjnp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Sun May 26, 2013 10:11 am

Hehe, I know all about that sort of 'secret mission'... :lol:

If you post your drawing files in the design section, you can get some great feedback on it from folks who have been there & done that.

I don't know if you've checked this out yet, but if you keep the gross under 700kg you can register it in BC as a U-built without the need for an inspection. Obviously it needs the appropriate highway lighting for its size but other than that you have a lot of freedom to build what you want.

A bit of rust is no big deal, just elbow grease to get rid of it and a bit of paint. If you're concerned about it, put up some pics of what you're starting with. If all else fails, check out craigslist - I got my donor trailer for $50.
Though $50 for a 'secret' project can be pretty scarce for a student with a family !
What are you studying ?
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sun May 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi Brian
Not only are we up to 14 pages on this Thread........but we have 14 official Chapter members now! :applause:
We also have 3 or 4 that are lurking or holding off on sending me their information.
Things have been insanely busy for me this past month, so I have had very little (who am I kidding) No time to devote to our TJ Chapter.
Good News is that we did get to steal away for a week and put 2000 miles on the Stude and Miss Piggy while attending the Dam Gathering in Lake Shasta Ca.
Fabulous event! Signed up two new members there.
How is your project coming?
Hope you guys are still up for a mid to late September wine tour to the Okanagan.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sun May 26, 2013 12:25 pm

couponjnp wrote:Hi all,

Completely missed the BC TDers for such a long time. My name is Jasbir and living in Port Moody at present not sure and worried about future. I am following TnTTT for more than a year now especially Fomies section and slowly planning on my Foamie design. However, lot of important aspects of life keep me busy with other priorities.

Anyway, good to know so many of us from BC and would love to meet all of you at some point of time. I will also join TJ as soon as I find enough time to follow that up as well and send Brian an email with my contact information for the roster.

Cheers,

JNP

Hi Jaspir
Yes we would love to have you aboard.
Get me all of you information.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Mon May 27, 2013 12:10 am

Vedette wrote:Things have been insanely busy for me this past month, so I have had very little (who am I kidding) No time...

No kidding: your schedule for the summer exhausted me just to read about it :shock:
I have a great appreciation for anyone who takes their recreation that seriously.

I worked like a dog the last few weeks to get the job done (construction electrician) and got laid off for the summer for my efforts :thumbdown: so it looks like we won't be making the winery tour this summer after all - we'll do it for sure in the fall if I get called back...but such is life.
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Mon May 27, 2013 10:10 am

Hey Brian
On the positive side.....you will have more time to work on your trailer and go camping this summer! :thumbsup:
Working all the time can really interfere with the enjoyment of "Life".
Hope everything works out for the best.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby couponjnp » Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi WW,

I will start posting the design drawings I already made and also pics of the old rusty trailer I got with my home when I bought it once I finish my PhD defence (engineering) in two months. The trailer has a playwood box built onto it for unknown purpose and need to be removed before actual condition can be known.

I also read about the 700 kg regulation thing before and that's why I was tempted to build fomie under 1000 lbs which will be good for my Honda Accord and registration in BC. I will surely bug people on here once I get going with build.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for welcome and I will send you my contact info in PM to you.

Cheers,

JNP
couponjnp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Martinup » Fri May 31, 2013 8:56 am

Hi Jasbir Brian and all:

Jasbir throw me a bone . . . include alink to your build journal that foamy section is so long . . . Hows your saturday ???

Ya Brian my sister Annie wants to stalk u.

Bizzie : Sorry you missed a DAMM FINE GATHERING.

Happy hot summer,

Martin
Martinup
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Fri May 31, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Martin
I think I am still waiting for some of your information.
And I talked to the guy with the Teardrop Body and he still has it if Annie is still interested.
I have still not seen it yet??
Please PM me.
Brian
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby couponjnp » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Martinup wrote:Hi Jasbir Brian and all:

Jasbir throw me a bone . . . include alink to your build journal that foamy section is so long . . . Hows your saturday ???

Ya Brian my sister Annie wants to stalk u.

Bizzie : Sorry you missed a DAMM FINE GATHERING.

Happy hot summer,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Highly appreciate your time and ride during our visit to your trailer on Saturday. Once again, that is an amazing trailer with a lot of excellent fine details.

Thanks again.

JNP
couponjnp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Vedette » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:33 am

Who is camping this weekend?
Anyone coming to the Okanagan?
Please e-mail me!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads