Please, help our search for Inside Cabinet Design Ideas ~

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

TALENTED PEOPLE ON HERE.

Postby albion2 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,I am a new subscriber to T&TTT, I recently bought a brand new 19ft Puma travel .It weighs around trailer,it weighs around 4300lb unloaded which makes it a pain sometimes (gas wise) so I would like to build a Teardrop for trips from Oh to Cal and use the big trailer for shorter trips of 250-1000 mls and locally.I have a HF trailer 1100lbs or so rated.So would like to put a teardrop on it.As there seems to be a lot of talented people on here I will be asking some question in future.My main concern will be electrical wiring.And if solid ply or something thinner with solid styrofoam insulation would be best.
albion2
Teardrop Builder

Re: Please, help our search for Inside Cabinet Design Ideas

Postby bigherc » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:01 am

Hey guy's just a little something I have been working on, nothing fancy, just simple clean lines. The doors are missing from the cabin cabinets. Enjoy

bigherc
Teardrop Builder

Postby docmark » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 pm

I just found pre-fabbed unfinished wood cabinets here in santa ana. LOTS of styles and sizes. Im going 12" deep, 12" high
and 5 foot wide. Still havent decided if I want cabinets in the galley section or have a shelf etc.
docmark
Teardrop Inspector

Postby webbaldo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 am

Thought id post my cabinets/galley layout as it may be of some use for ideas.

My pics are from a crappy phone cam so sorry!

Can I just say first my woodworking skills are far from great, so I mainly used pocket hole screw method construction using 2x1 framing and 1/8 ply for the fronts. The doors are 3/4 ply.

I found this video on youtube of a camper rental company here in the UK and really liked their rough galley layout so I based mine on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2tYeEGe0AI

My skills and budget didnt stretch to this (formica in the UK is expensive) so ive recreated what I can using ply and similar materials. My main changes were to fit a gap in the middle to fit my fridge/can machine and use the side parts for interior storage rather than 'bins' for galley kit. My advantage is though I have a very large worktop space now for hobs/cooking

Here is my galley

The worktop is 9mm kitchen splashback, the cupboards are all 2x1 pocket hole framework, The two side parts at the top really are the inside cupboards, but ive utilised the top section to hold tins/plates etc and the bottoms fit my gas burner and electric hotplate when not in use. The sink is a dog bowl! The lower cupboards are big enough to house a 55amp battery and a small water tank in the other. The sink waste drains to a pipe below the trailer itself.

The cupboards inside are built using the same framework method to keep it light, 1/8 ply front and 2x1 framing.

The cupboards inside aren't pretty but show the depth created, using the galley bits. The cupboards are roughly 1x1ft and about 18 inches deep. It also has a central section for the TV, the top section houses two cubby holes and the central upper holds my 240/12v power unit with battery charger. There are also 2 UK 240v power sockets.

They are quite lightweight, if I could do it again, id probs make lighter cupboard doors. They are 3/4 ply and I could have made 2x1 framing, but I was originally afraid that theyd break when I hammered the molding round them.

Pocket hole screw jigs kick ass, mine was the cheap kreg basic one here

made them all fine!

Hope these help someone for ideas, TNTTT have been awesome for info for me!
Likes to think he's Norm from New Yankee Workshop

In reality, hes a average DIY'er with a 18x16ft Wooden shed
webbaldo
Teardrop Master

Postby jackdaw » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Nice post Webbaldo... I don't know if you have any laminating places local to you...but i recently called in to Saxon laminates in Chippenham ...and they were happy to give me a couple of 4' x26" off cuts... and a damaged 10'x4' sheet for a fiver.... Result :D :D I think the sell black 8x4 sheets for around £20...Always worth calling in and asking if you have somewhere similar near you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As it happens I fitted our cupboard doors on Mambo today ....and got a few other bits done :D :D

Here's the bare cabinets
We've got a small shelf infront of the cupboards either side, and then three cupboards, with the larger one in the middle having a pair of doors .

We've used Danish oil to bring out the grain

Happy building :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby webbaldo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:42 am

Looking good!, are those door windows charger plates?
Likes to think he's Norm from New Yankee Workshop

In reality, hes a average DIY'er with a 18x16ft Wooden shed
webbaldo
Teardrop Master

Postby jackdaw » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 pm

webbaldo wrote:Looking good!, are those door windows charger plates?

Indeed they are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Polished stainless steel ....from the £ shop 8) 8) I first used them on The Coppertop in 2009, and they still look as good as new after being outside most of their life .I've used them on #4 Wanda too. I prefer them to the caravan door windows we have fitted in our trailer. I've still got to add the limo tint perspex, and a trim ring...
Here's some interior shots of my last build ....Because we like photos :D :D

jackdaw
500 Club

Postby CharlieL » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 pm

Too damn bad there are no pictures, just little tiny squares that have a boxed x and IMG in the place of pics. Thought maybe it was my puter, but I see these all the time on this site.
What gives? Secret pics? Ashamed to let anyone see?
Cmon guys ad gals, let all of us see the pictures
Someday I will get off my rump and jump into a build, Thanks folks, for the info. and the things y'all do for one another

Charlie
CharlieL
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:44 am

CharlieL wrote:Too damn bad there are no pictures, just little tiny squares that have a boxed x and IMG in the place of pics. Thought maybe it was my puter, but I see these all the time on this site.

I see images on my iMac maybe it is a software thing but the one with the blue trailer shows pictures removed and just photobucket Hope he moved them to the TnTTT

there are many times on this site that I will get ? in blue which means it is a pc software that mac does not read. I have to find that software?
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:15 pm

CharlieL wrote:Too damn bad there are no pictures, just little tiny squares that have a boxed x and IMG in the place of pics. Thought maybe it was my puter, but I see these all the time on this site.

Yeah, I hate when I get that. Sometimes, for various reasons, people will delete their pictures when they no longer own a trailer. But, there aren't that many missing in this thread; so, I think it might be your software. By the way, be sure to look at the Galley gallery, which will give you lots of cabinet ideas, too. You can see that here: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q120 ... 20Gallery/
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby MontanaTeardrops » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:29 pm

I built in a spot for this Costco oven and 2 burner stove. I'll be putting drawers down below. The middle cupboard door drops down level to make a little table.
Attachments
IMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg (53.09 KiB) Viewed 23153 times
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg (52.53 KiB) Viewed 23153 times
MontanaTeardrops
Donating Member

Postby JLPettimore » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

:applause: beautiful "caravan" sir! I love th trolley top and the door art is quite unique. Thanks for sharing

jackdaw wrote:
webbaldo wrote:Looking good!, are those door windows charger plates?

Indeed they are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Polished stainless steel ....from the £ shop 8) 8) I first used them on The Coppertop in 2009, and they still look as good as new after being outside most of their life .I've used them on #4 Wanda too. I prefer them to the caravan door windows we have fitted in our trailer. I've still got to add the limo tint perspex, and a trim ring...
Here's some interior shots of my last build ....Because we like photos :D :D

JLPettimore
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jbteland9196 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:55 pm

I went a little funky with mine, they are not like your average teardrop cabinets.
Attachments
camper cabinets.jpg
camper cabinets.jpg (68.5 KiB) Viewed 17550 times
jbteland9196
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kramergwt » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:35 am

I made my cabinets so the bottom is above the counter and flip up. Concealed hinges will hold the open. Same with the interior cabinets.ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
kramergwt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ograz15 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Okay, so I have a 5x8 tiny teardrop style camper trailer that is 100% empty on the inside, aside from just non-carpet material on the walls, floor and roof. I’m trying to see how I can design or maybe just install pre-made cabinets into the trailer? I’m a huge fan of modern & minimalistic looks...and I absolutely cannot stand the sight of unpainted wood...Anyone know anything that may work in this situation? SUPER appreciated!! :thinking:
ograz15
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques