Please, help our search for Inside Cabinet Design Ideas ~

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Kevin A » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Bumping this thread.

Come on people, I know there's more interior shots than this to share. GET EM posted. :thumbsup: 8)
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby jeepr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:11 pm

OK, I'm in. :lol:

Here is my front cabinet. It is one sheet of luan over a 1x2 frame bulkhead. The top holes have a shelf inside and will not get doors. The left side has one shelf. The right side will be a closet of sorts, with hooks at the top.

Here are the doors installed. They will eventually be painted.

Here is the start of the cabinet over the bed. The bottom is supported inside of the walls and the cabinet will be on top of it.

Here they are completed. The center is open and has power for a TV or laptop computer. There is a shelf inside of both sides. There is space on top of the cabinet for storage(bedding or pillows).

They seem pretty solid.. :lol:
Mike C.
jeepr
The 300 Club

Postby Kevin A » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks, Jeepr. :thumbsup:

Anyone else have some pics to share? :thinking: 8)
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby SeaFlea » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:43 am

WOW! :shock: You Guys & Gals really know how to make purdy lookin' cabinets!!! I'm a :baby: to this wonderful past-time and this may sound naive but... Would it be possible to get some dimensions on these cabinets? Don't have to be exact, just need "close". I'm trying to decide on the overall dimensions of the "rig-to-be" and figured that knowing how much room inside is gonna be consumed by storage is a good rule of thumb...
Thanks Gang! :thumbsup:
Chal
(It's a Philly thing...)
SeaFlea
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bobhenry » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:00 am

Got one in my album somewhere ! Back in a second.

I cheated ! pre finished cabinet doors from the habitat for humanity restore @ $2.00 each bought 10 and some matching drawer fronts. The self closing hinges were 50 cents each. The toy television radio combo goes in the center.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby MacGyver » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:11 pm

After trying to figure out a way to install the cabinet doors so they are out of the way as much as possible, I decided to go with tambour doors that slide up and into the cabinet. The center section will eventually have a sliding tray with a 10” DVD/TV combo behind the door.
MacGyver
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:04 am

I tried something different with some .024 aluminum panels, backed with 1/4" birch for the cabinet doors. Doug

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

INC

Postby legend lime » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:01 pm

Here are the inside cabinets I just got around to completing this past week and installing a 15" flat screen.
Legned Lime, Acworth, GA
legend lime
Teardrop Master

Postby Juneaudave » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm cabinet challenged so I tried to "keep it simple" and use different materials and accents to keep it interesting...SlumberMAX just gets a shelf with reading lights in front...
...and ash and cherry cabinets in back...
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Steve F » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:21 am

Mine are quite simple, not finished but the structure wont change. I left the top section open so I can fit duffel bags etc in there as we normally pack bags and then take them rather than pack clothes etc separately in to cupboards. The plate on the ceiling is for the flip down LCD.

Above my feet, the upper compartment will be carpeted

At my head

Cheers
Steve
Steve F
The 300 Club

Postby Moonage_Daydream » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Wow! These cabinets are great, and all of them different. We'll be putting in our own cabinets when we get our Camp-Inn, and these pictures are so helpful.

Keep 'em coming!
Moonage_Daydream
Teardrop Advisor

Postby planovet » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Ours aren't installed yet but I have finished the front bulkhead cabinets. I built it as a unit and it will slide into a slot in each wall. Much easier to build without crawling in and out of the trailer. All built out of red oak. (The pictures make it look bowed at the top but it is really straight across)

ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Micro469 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm

planovet wrote:Ours aren't installed yet but I have finished the front bulkhead cabinets. I built it as a unit and it will slide into a slot in each wall. Much easier to build without crawling in and out of the trailer. All built out of red oak. (The pictures make it look bowed at the top but it is really straight across)

Not much of a cabinet maker , are you!!!! :R :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby planovet » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:17 am

Micro469 wrote:Not much of a cabinet maker , are you!!!!

Actually, I have never made cabinets before. Never made ANYTHING like this before. My previous woodworking experience was limited at best. I just did a lot of studying and took my time. I kinda surprised myself. They turned out better than I thought. If I can do it, anybody can.
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby jackdaw » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Well they are not as sweet as many on this thread, but heres my efforts;

Up front, I have a locker with three hinged tops, coverd in fablon (sticky packed plastic)

At the back we have three cupboards. The ones on the outside are plenty big enough for our clothes . The one in the middle has the backgamon and few other games in. It also houses the laptop if we're wanting to watch a DVD.

I've decorated them with pyrographed Celtic dogs to take the eye off the dodgy cabinetry :lol: :lol:

We have a few shelves too;
There's one that goes along the full width below the rear cupboards, and then two more at, high level that run from the rear cabinets up to the doors.

This one shows the front shelf that has the reading lights attached . The middle section is made from fine mesh so you can see whats on it when you're in bed.

I guess I should add that we have a width of 5'6" , so even though we have shelves and cupboards on all sides, we have still got a fair bit of space.
Whilst we were away last year, we had a couple of evenings when the weather was wet and windy, so our two teenage kids, my wife, myself and the dog all cubbied up and watched DVD's . It was really nice and cosy, but I must admit , I wouldn't want to share with people you don't know well . 8) 8)

Dave.
Last edited by jackdaw on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackdaw
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques