Another Puffin Inspired TTT (The Powder Puff)

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Gotta love it...thank heavens I'm colour-blind...

Postby ajricher » Fri May 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Bravo on a wonderful design - you embodied everything I wanted in my home-away-from-home! With luck sourcing a frame I hope to be building a similar unit soon.

I do have a question on your countertop at the front, though. As I'm not hauling dogs or any other life-forms than myself I'm thinking that this area would make a good kitchen with a 2-burner gas ring and a micro-sink of some sort.

What's your opinion - and could you part with the dimensions of the counter as yours is built so I can do a bit of scheming on paper?

Thanks - and bravo on a lovely (other than the colour) camper! :)

Alan
ajricher
Teardrop Master

Postby Michele » Fri May 02, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks for the complements on my trailer, Alan. But I'm afraid that I cannot take any of the credit for the design. I have only copied other people's work from this forum. Namely Steve Wolverton's Puffin. Here is a link to his build thread http://tnttt.com/viewto ... ght=puffin
I did not purchase any plans. All of my construction information came from his thread. I think you will find his color scheme much more to your liking.

As for my counter top, it is 75 inches long and 26 inches deep.

btw - I love your Land Rover!
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Fri May 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Cool pink tools! Awsome pink table... lots of attention to detail I see!!! Your trailer should be a beaut when you are done with it.

Can Pepper and Joey visit?

Mike...

P.S. Joey knows how to relax his ear, but he wasn't relaxed when we took this picture!!!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Michele » Fri May 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks, Mike. I'm just getting started with the details. I can't wait until I can focus all my attention on the inside.

Of course the kids can come visit. There will be lots of soft, fluffy, pink dog beds all over the trailer once I'm done.
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby Changer » Sun May 04, 2008 2:29 am

I realize this is an old post but I'm catching up on (MONTHS of stuff) the site (I lost the bookmark for a while :P) and WOW. This thing is awesome.
Changer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Michele » Mon May 26, 2008 10:11 am

After an entire month of working on it, my door is finally attached. Also installed are the jalousie window from the junkyard and a storm door handle. I didn't put any T molding or any other type of metal trim on the door as I didn't want the added expense or the hassle of dealing with it.
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby b.bodemer » Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 am

door, window and door handle look awesome...................I am enjoying watching all your progress and hope to build a standie at some point.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Alphacarina » Wed May 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Michele wrote:The AC will not be permanately attached so that it can be pushed inside the trailer while traveling. Like others have done, I will be putting a small door on the outside for travel mode. If anyone that has done this has any helpful tips, I would appreciate the advice

I would design it so that the door that folds up and closes the hole in the 'travel mode' is also the shelf the A/C sits on when it's in use

That way you won't need the 2 X 10 permanently mounted to the bumper to bang your shins on as you walk around the back of the trailer

Use some of your piano hinge on the bottom of the door and weatherstrip it so it's waterproof when it's closed. It can rest on the bumper when it's opened and that will support the A/C

Don
Alphacarina
500 Club

Postby Michele » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 pm

I finally got my air conditioner installed the way I wanted it thanks to these pictures posted by Mike http://www.mikenchell.com/TAB_Photo_Album/index2.html
I pretty much copied everything he did except I added a little cover/door over the top of the drawer slide on the inside to help keep dirt and dog hair out of the slide rails. I think the pictures are a little confusing so I put a video of it in action on my blog (link in my signature at the bottom)
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:35 am

Good implementation of that slide out air conditioner! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby LindaH » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Michele,

I have only just joined this forum and the world of teardrops but I love your Powder Puff. The name even is terrific!

You should be proud of the work you have done!! :)

- Linda
LindaH
Teardrop Builder

Postby Michele » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:06 pm

I couldn't put any cabinets under the counter top because of the dog crates. So I made a little drawer to go under there.

I also made a curtain that hangs under the counter top to hide the dog crates.
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:04 am

Your dogs and you will be traveling in comfort and style! :applause:

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Michele » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:38 am

I tiled my backsplash with some left over floor tiles that I painted and busted up.
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:42 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Very nicely done Michele! I love the back splash. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques