My method for solving the toilet problem

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

My method for solving the toilet problem

Postby dboyd » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:13 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been building my trailer , off and on, for about a month now and decided that I would put a portable toilet in it ( just in case). I keep getting told that almost all the campgrounds have toilets and showers. this may be the case, but what happens if I didn't stay at one of those campgrounds? I thought I would share how I did mine incase anyone else is thinking about putting a toilet in their trailer.the toilet is only 20 bucks at wal-mart. The main thing to remember with my trailer is that it is the same height all the way down its length.

the first picture show the box that I built so I could drop the toilet low enough to actually use it. another thing to remember, I am only 5'5" tall.my trailer is set up so that we will sleep with our heads toward the galley.
Hmmm, looks like I could use some more black paint on the frame too.

this one shows box from the top

this is the storage cabinet built around the toilet

here is the potty
open for business
Hope this helps!! Don;)
There is nothing I cannot do, I just seem to be better at some things than others.
dboyd
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GeorgeT » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:41 pm

Nice and neat! I put one in mine too. Had one inside our pop tent camper. They do have toilets in most places but mine got used freqently, mostly by my wife after dark. Indoor toilets :thumbsup: !

BTW was wondering whatcher painting the inside of the camper with. Is that a high gloss oil base paint? Are you gonna paint the outside too instead of aluminum skin? George :thinking:
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby Syekick » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:37 am

Thanks for the photos. Just what my "I don't want to meet a bear at night" wife needs. I already have that same potty that we use for tent camping to eliminate those middle of the night runs to the facilities.
<b>Fudd's First Law of Opposition: </b>
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.
Syekick
Teardrop Builder

Postby dboyd » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:11 am

George and Syekick,
I am painting the inside with an almond latex semi-gloss pant from wally world. I caught it on sale for 9 bucks a gallon. got to be thrifty because I am building two trailers almost exactly alike, one for my uncle and one for me. The exterior is a decision that I have not been able to make yet. I keep thinking about, but no decision yet. I am considering putting a box on the tounge for a future air conditioner.
my floor is 3/4 of an inch and the box is 2x6 material which is 5 1/2" for a total of 6 1/4" this makes the potty stick about 7 3/4 inches above the floor.
my main reason for putting a toilet in is consideration for my wife. it makes it where she won't mind camping. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, know what I mean. Don :lol:
There is nothing I cannot do, I just seem to be better at some things than others.
dboyd
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques