Cubby Builders: Sides Cut, Kuffel's Wrong, Wanna Learn?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby fornesto » Mon May 09, 2005 5:25 pm

HA HA!
fornesto
Donating Member

Postby Denzagrad » Mon May 09, 2005 9:01 pm

IraRat wrote: Which means I also NOW know to run a set of wires in the galley wall framing, before they're insulated and skinned.

Just run those supplied wires under deck, up into the galley and out to the sides and hatch as required.

In the cubby I built, the galley walls are not framed. They are simply 3/8 plywood covered with aluminum on both sides. However, the lower interior foot well portion and the driver's side galley upper cabinet wall are framed to accommodate the fuse box and wiring. Since the galley cabinets sit above the interior foot well its a straight shot from under the floor up the inside of the driver's side wall foot well area to just below the hatch spars. My hatch wiring comes out from the driver's side of the short wall that's above the upper shelf. Kevin's idea to have the majority of the cubby's wiring run in a conduit along the driver's side is a real good idea and looks clean when it’s done.

BTW, reading the entire plans a couple of times helps to see the goal. Many times I would think the answer was not in the plans until I dug a little. Blowing up the provided pictures helps to find the information to figure out a lot of details.
:D
Denzagrad
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques