Confusing terms

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Confusing terms

Postby PanelDeland » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

I have a question about terminology. I see plenty of abbreviations tossed about in posts. I've figured out PMF (poor mans Fiberglass) and others but not all. Is there a stick with the abbreviations listed or can someone with more knowledge of them make one? It would be nice and helpful info to know what CPES and some of the other acronyms/terms mean.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Re: Confusing terms

Postby tony.latham » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:33 am

PanelDeland wrote:I have a question about terminology. I see plenty of abbreviations tossed about in posts. I've figured out PMF (poor mans Fiberglass) and others but not all. Is there a stick with the abbreviations listed or can someone with more knowledge of them make one? It would be nice and helpful info to know what CPES and some of the other acronyms/terms mean.

I call that stuff alphabet soup!

CPES is a thinned epoxy. http://www.rotdoctor.com/products/cpes.html

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby QueticoBill » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:11 pm

I think you just gave you ask or study vontext and google. Theres a degree of flexing and evoloution that would make a static glossary yough orveven an impediment.

Googling cpes is pretty helpful. PMF not so much but add "teardrop" and bingo. Or ghetto fiberglass is really helpful.

Google fu. Indispensable. But just ask here. No one uses acronyms here other than yo save bitscand bytes.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:23 pm

CPES= Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer

It is the most natural epoxy because it is made from tree sap. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 am

POS = Point of Sale

;)
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Postby Camp4Life » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:06 pm

The other day I answered someone else asking what a thow is; Tiny House On Wheels.
Camp4Life
Teardrop Master

Postby Homebrewer25 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:39 pm

hmmm ... POS means something entirely different to me. I normally use it to describe cheap junk from China ... :lol:
It's 5 o'clock somewhere ... time for a :beer:

Steve
Foam Ranger Build (postponed by COVID - resuming spring 2021): http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70159
Homebrewer25
Teardrop Master

Postby GuitarPhotog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Homebrewer25 wrote:hmmm ... POS means something entirely different to me. I normally use it to describe cheap junk from China ... :lol:

Yes, I think POS has that meaning to most of us, unless we've been in the food service side where POS is point of sale.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:44 pm

CPES shows up in this list... After you click on the link, do a ctrl-f and type in CPES in the box... No luck with POS though...

viewtopic.php?t=12276

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 am

GuitarPhotog wrote:
Homebrewer25 wrote:hmmm ... POS means something entirely different to me. I normally use it to describe cheap junk from China ... :lol:

Yes, I think POS has that meaning to most of us, unless we've been in the food service side where POS is point of sale.

<Chas>
:beer:

As someone who used to install POS systems, the acronym has dual meanings form me. Both are accurate.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques