Arne'sAllWoodTD

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Arne » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:44 am

The trailer is decked... pic under my personal album. Now to take it off and seal bottom.... Monday the walls get started.

Regarding cutting the floor. I needed to get the deck out of 2, 4x8 sheets of 3/4... saw no need to keep seam in the middle, so cut for max coverage.

Final deck is 63" x104" (queen size, plus dog bed)..

Outside skin will overlap deck so edge won't show.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Arne » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:06 pm

Got 1 side shaped out (pic is in my album).

This will be template for rest. As usual, had to start off wrong, and put wrong side of luan out, with the cleats on the good side.... is 4-6 tall and 104 long (not including front 'bump'. That's another 4 inches)

I quit for the day, started finding I was getting ahead of myself and want to think out future hatch before I really mess up....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:13 pm

Wow, that looks tall. And you're saying it's only 4'6"...? You'll be able to sit comfortably in that.

I see the plywood you have on the asphalt is curling up in the hot sun. Ouch!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:10 am

Yes, I noticed that (sun sapping the moisture out of the top surface)... it is now sitting at the bottom of the pile with 6 other sheets piled on top.... that one is the sacrificial piece that the extensions were cut from... so it won't hurt, but the flatter the better, so it is getting reshaped..

btw, I was curling up in the hot sun, too... quit at 3 p.m. to lay in the hammock... in bed at 8.30..... tough couple of days, and more to come. I think that ez-up is gettin more use now than ever before.

but, I think I have all parts ordered now, after talking to Grant yesterday (and mailing check today)...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques