Interior panel clamps

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Interior panel clamps

Postby ferbal » Mon May 28, 2018 8:14 pm

I realize that I am probably the only guy ever to build a camper frame out of 3/4 inch EMT. One the first thing people told me was that square stock is better because it is easier to attach things too. I came to appreciate this thought when I had to tackle my interior. The following solution has many uses and possibilities so I thought I would share.

I used 1 inch electrical pvc. I opted for electrical pvc instead of plumbing pvc because it is a little bit softer. The OD of 3/4 emt is like .92 inches. The clamp holds tight because the bolt head or nut (depends which end you use) easily takes up the .1 or so of an inch. Picture should make it obvious. The clamps are quick and easy to make with your standard tubing "shears".

IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG (32.64 KiB) Viewed 542 times

IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG (29.81 KiB) Viewed 542 times

IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG (33.16 KiB) Viewed 542 times

I attached these clamps to my interior panels and they worked great. Because I am working towards a deadline I am skipping the insulation but these panels will make it very easy for me to go back and add it later when I have time. If I want to pull my panels and paint or cover with some sort of decorative nonsense easy enough to do.
ferbal
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques