Designing a semi-teardrop trailer and I have a few questions

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Re: Designing a semi-teardrop trailer and I have a few quest

Postby KTM_Guy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:00 pm

sarahem wrote:
KTM_Guy wrote:I think your scale from what you vision in your head and real life might be off. Take some masking tape and tape an outline on a wall and see if you can live and work in that space. I think it will be much tighter that you think.

But if it is the right size consider doors on both sides. It makes it easier at night for a potty run that you don't have to climb over your mate. Consider adding 2' and moving the galley to the outside. Do you really want to cook bacon in such a small space? And what's camping without bacon?

Any kind of treated wood has no place in a camper.

Todd
What do you mean by treated wood has no play in a camper?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No *place* in a camper. Wood soaked in poisonous chemicals and sleeping quarters do not go together. Build with quantity wood and use time proven ways to waterproof it.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby sarahem » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:51 pm

KTM_Guy wrote:
sarahem wrote:
KTM_Guy wrote:I think your scale from what you vision in your head and real life might be off. Take some masking tape and tape an outline on a wall and see if you can live and work in that space. I think it will be much tighter that you think.

But if it is the right size consider doors on both sides. It makes it easier at night for a potty run that you don't have to climb over your mate. Consider adding 2' and moving the galley to the outside. Do you really want to cook bacon in such a small space? And what's camping without bacon?

Todd

No *place* in a camper. Wood soaked in poisonous chemicals and sleeping quarters do not go together. Build with quantity wood and use time proven ways to waterproof it.

Todd
That's what I meant :) what about the classic wood stain and poly?

sarahem
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KTM_Guy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:11 pm

sarahem wrote:
KTM_Guy wrote:
sarahem wrote:

Todd

Todd
That's what I meant :) what about the classic wood stain and poly?

Stain and poly are good. I would suggest to use a spar varnish or something with UV protectors even inside. I noticed some fading on my build where I just used regular Minwax varnish.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques