E Track Bunk Beds

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

E Track Bunk Beds

Postby Dixon9 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:00 am

Hi All!

New to the forum and just picked up our Continental cargo 7.5w x 16l x 7h Cargo trailer yesterday morning. We will be turning this into a toy hauler and I already have my first question (plenty more to come I am sure).

I know people use e track to make bunk beds that span the width of the trailer with no ground support but has anyone had any feedback after longer periods of use? I'm only seeing new builds and no feedback as to whether they warp the trailer or anything like that . My trailer has the 16" OC sidewalls so I am wondering if it would hold the weight with etrack horizontally preferably or vertically if I had to. I was also thinking about making its own frame out of angled steel or unistrut against the wall if the etrack wasn't going to work. I want to preferably do etrack because when the beds aren't in use they will be going flat up against the ceiling.

Any etrack bunk bed users out there that can weigh in? I have looked for hours on this subject and wasn't able to find any concrete answers.
Dixon9
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques