Question about flexible rubber drip rail

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Question about flexible rubber drip rail

Postby Toytaco2 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:10 am

Here's a link to the type of product I'm asking about: https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-DRB-25-Durometer-Shore-0-50000-Height/dp/B06VWRJZ3W Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this item? I've seen at least one Youtube that shows it wrapping around a pretty tight window edge radius. I've had vent visors on two different vehicles for over 18 years and never a problem with the 3M tape attachment.

I'm thinking about using this product on the TD walls around the perimeter of my door frames as well as along the edges of the hatch. I've never had any water intrusion, but then again I avoid towing in any sort of wind driven rain. My doors are a somewhat unusual design as TDs go, and I'm wondering if they might be susceptible to wind driven rain and road spray during an extended road trip we're planning in a couple of months. The idea is that the rubber drip rail would be placed very near the door frames (almost touching them) with the inside radius facing out from the door and down from the hatch edge thus working as a sort of water dam to keep wind driven rain from entering the the TD. My doors have a double seal, one between the TD wall and the overlapping door frame and another more traditional seal in the actual door jam. There's a couple pics below to visualize what I'm talking a bout.

Neither my hatch nor the doors have actually leaked so far, but, I tend to over think problems so anyone's thoughts about the product, or, my intended application would be much appreciated.

Toytaco2
500 Club

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques