Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Re: Tongue Box with slideout for fridges

Postby mtbikernate » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:25 am

rjgimp wrote:
Tom&Shelly wrote:
Makes sense to me. Never knew a bear who could pick a lock! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Tom

The crafty devils HAVE demonstrated the ability to operate a latch, so it may only be a matter of time...

:frightened:

until they grow thumbs and learn to operate keys, I think I'm safe.

and honestly...once that happens, they can get into the refrigerator in my house where the rewards have a much greater potential. and I don't think the risk there is terribly high when my neighbors create a distraction by being careless with their trash.
mtbikernate
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:36 am

Not tyring to hijack this thread...

:shock:

Now, back to the problem at hand. :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby mtbikernate » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:57 pm

Got an outlet wired up so I can plug my fridge in. Fired right up!

Had to use a regular 12v cigarette adapter for now. I have the fancy 2 prong threaded dometic outlet on the way that'll go on its own fuse, but it won't be here before I leave on Wed.

At any rate, when I'm back home over the weekend, I'll be able to finish up the electrical as well as my locking slide.

The storage space behind the fridge that is currently blocked by the fridge is going to get some new access doors cut. I can sorta use it now, but I have to remove the fridge from the camper and set it on the ground. Once the slider is installed, I really want to minimize that if I can.
mtbikernate
Teardrop Master

Postby jamorgan3777 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Marking this thread for reference. I am building a slide out "drawer" kitchen and want an up front box with a slide for cooler plus housing electrical.
jamorgan3777
Teardrop Builder

Postby lancem » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:03 am

Asking for a friend...

Why do you need to slide out the Frig? He was originally thinking the same thing but realized there is nothing that they needed to get out of the sides and a top open box would serve him better. And cheaper! Go friend!

LanceM
lancem
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mtbikernate » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:53 am

lancem wrote:Asking for a friend...

Why do you need to slide out the Frig? He was originally thinking the same thing but realized there is nothing that they needed to get out of the sides and a top open box would serve him better. And cheaper! Go friend!

LanceM

I already have a tongue box that opens at the top. My fridge would not fit inside it, and besides, it already has a bunch of items inside it (tools, towing necessities, etc). So if I were to get a larger box for the fridge, side access with a slide would make more sense.

As for what I actually did regarding putting it in the galley, the slide is kinda necessary as there's a shelf over the top preventing opening the lid. And the fridge is heavy enough that lifting it out every time really sucks.

The slide works great.
mtbikernate
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques