Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD V-PKG

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Re: Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD V-PKG

Postby Lockdown » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:03 pm

davidl743 wrote:Has anyone managed to add a rear bike hitch to a 9.0 Clipper? Thanks!

Yes, I believe someone above posted photos of them adding a rear receiver where one could add a bicycle mount... Pretty sure they sacrificed the pull out step.
Lockdown
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PCO6 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:05 am

Lockdown wrote:
davidl743 wrote:Has anyone managed to add a rear bike hitch to a 9.0 Clipper? Thanks!

Yes, I believe someone above posted photos of them adding a rear receiver where one could add a bicycle mount... Pretty sure they sacrificed the pull out step.

I posted pics of a 2" rear receiver tube tube I added to mine. Unfortunately all of my pics in this thread have been deleted as the site that hosted them changed its format. I will try to replace them in this thread but I don't find this forum to be the easiest to work with when it comes to posting pics.

EDIT - And, yes, I removed the rear steps. It was necessary to fit the receiver and it cut the weight by 16.5 lbs. We use a plastic step instead.
PCO6
Teardrop Master

Postby PCO6 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:40 am

I added a hitch receiver to my Clipper. As mentioned above I had to remove the rear steps. I use the receiver mainly for a t-bar for my kayak rack. I also built it to reinforce the frame.
Attachments
96932.jpg
96932.jpg (59.86 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
96931.jpg
96931.jpg (64.5 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
96929.jpg
96929.jpg (66.02 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
PCO6
Teardrop Master

Postby Mirky87 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 am

Hello,

Have a 2021 Clipper and so far so great as this is all new to me. I would like to upgrade the stock battery. We would like to do more camping on nonelectric sites. recommendations? We did try Nature's Generator (Solar generator) and it was pretty much useless. We are in search of another solar generator brand.

Thank you
Mirky87
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Firebike » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:05 pm

Mirky87 wrote:Hello,

Have a 2021 Clipper and so far so great as this is all new to me. I would like to upgrade the stock battery. We would like to do more camping on nonelectric sites. recommendations? We did try Nature's Generator (Solar generator) and it was pretty much useless. We are in search of another solar generator brand.

Thank you

You may have already found a solution but I have had great luck using portable solar panels and solar controller. I never plug my Clipper in and the solar maintains the battery well even when camping. I built a rack to hold then on the tongue and they kinda conform around the front.
Firebike
Teardrop Inspector

Postby biker » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:06 pm

Hello all..
New member here in need of some help.
I have a 2020 Clipper 9.0TD that I am fixing up and have one pressing issue currently. I had to redo the roof and I do not know exactly where the brackets that hold the one end of the lift strut go on the roof.
Would you be able to get a measurement from the rear of the roof to the rear edge of the bracket please?
biker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby flixxx » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:55 pm

Hi, I started experiencing wood rot on my 2020 viking around the edges from the inside.
At first i thought i may have had a leak with the pipes or water tank. As i started to rip up the subfloor in the corner, i noticed this was extending all around the camper, thankfully it was raining and i was able to pinpoint where the water was coming from. It turns out, on the outside metal frame, it was never sealed and water is just seeping inside. Anyone else experience this?
flixxx
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers