Yoter Toter? Anyone have one?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby kneedeep » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:28 pm

Thanx Mike,
I get my camper this weekend so I have no personal picture yet, but tell you how to see it use google search and type in "yoder toter pleasant valley" It will be the second one down on the first page on the search results. It will say "ebay motors 06 RV camper 5x 8 teardrop" click on it... it will take you to the site on e-bay and it has all the pictures that I have seen.

And the one you will see was sold in march and I got mine cheaper than that thru the dealer.
Kneedeep
kneedeep
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:37 pm

So you're saying it looks like this...?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby kneedeep » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:41 pm

:shock:
:D
I guess there was an easier way to show you HAHA its exactly like that!
Kneedeep
kneedeep
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kneedeep » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:10 pm

Just letting you know I got my yoder toter and its awesome! Made my son sleep in the camper with me in the back yard so I wouldn't look to weird HA-HA On the drive home it pulled so well I kept forgetting it was back there kept thinking some one was tailgating me :roll:
Kneedeep
kneedeep
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jagular7 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:23 pm

I've just closed on a purchase for a 'glass Pleasant Valley 4x8 from Keith. Yah for me. Like Ben W, weighing cost, time and personal effort, the purchase was a nice way to go for me at the moment.
Keith sent me a Second Chance on the TD through Ebay (probably the cheapest so far).
Here at KC RV show, Little Guy was there with their 4x8 and 5x8 TDs. I didn't prefer the look of the tinted glass doors. The PV version is more pleasing. Keith also gave me some time, within reason, to go get it which is real nice. It's white w/ blue stripes.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

The Smell of the Yoder Toter

Postby spyderhead » Thu May 11, 2006 11:41 am

I have had my Yoder Toter (Pleasant Valley) teardrop for a little over two months today. The stench inside (a mix of formaldehyde and dirty diapers) will water your eyes and take your breath away.
Before you respond, I have already tried the exhaust fan, electric heat, opening it outside for days, charcoal, baking soda. I have not yet called in an exorcist; that is the next step.
I have to say that Keith at the dealership in Canton has been helpful and the builder has expressed concern. However, before you pay out $5000 or more, I would strongly suggest you ask around to other Yoder Toter owners and you will find the stench problem widespread and persistent.
I am not whining or complaining. Just a warning to future buyers from someone who knows what he's talking about. The little trailer is 100% not useable. :(
spyderhead
Silver Donating Member

Postby CPASPARKS » Thu May 11, 2006 11:49 am

I bought a Yoder Toter as well. The smell is hideous. I can not get it to go away. I have emailed Keith as of today about this problem. I have not received a response yet.
I would pin them down about this smell and ask them if the unit you are buying has this odor before you fork over the money and make the long drive to North Canton. It was a 2,600 round trip for me to pick it up. I am very disappointed about this problem.
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby PresTx82 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:28 pm

Is there a reason for the smell, such as a certain glue they used to build it? Did they give an explanation? How widespread is this problem?
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Odors

Postby spyderhead » Thu May 11, 2006 12:31 pm

The roundtrip was about 2000 miles for me. I am convinced that this problem can be solved. These are good, well-built and fairly priced teardrops. I do not think the seller/builder was aware of this problem. However, you are right. The little trailers are not fit to use.
spyderhead
Silver Donating Member

Yoder Smell

Postby CPASPARKS » Thu May 11, 2006 12:35 pm

I am not kidding...and I am not trying to be gross...

This smell is absolutely gross. It smells like either someone has had a bowel movement in my yoder or a baby has thrown up in it...

I am embarrassed to show my trailer to anyone...

This is a not just an isolated problem...I have contacted Keith to get a resolution to this problem..

Have not heard from him yet...will keep you guys posted... :x
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Formaldehyde

Postby spyderhead » Thu May 11, 2006 12:36 pm

The builder seems to think it's formaldehyde but that it should have gone away within a couple weeks.
spyderhead
Silver Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Thu May 11, 2006 1:32 pm

you could try getting a bunch of boxes of baking soda. Set them in the closed trailer and open the tops. They do absorb orders, but I am not sure how they would work in this situation, but it may be worth a try. Leave them in a week if you can and then try replacing them with fresh ones.
toypusher
Site Admin

Nope

Postby spyderhead » Thu May 11, 2006 1:36 pm

Tried baking soda (10 of those really big boxes from WalMart); tried baking soda in combination with trays of charcoal. No deal. D-mn thin needs an exorcist.
spyderhead
Silver Donating Member

Postby jagular7 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Just now seeing these messages on the odor problem. Would these be in the Silver and White Shadow campers?

I've got the Pleasant Valley utility camper. It's the fiberform siding camper.

I've confirmed with Keith about coming out the 16th from KC. It'll be 810 mile trip (13 hrs) for me.
Called Keith and left a message.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby sid » Thu May 11, 2006 3:58 pm

A trick I use for smelly or stale ice chests is to leave newspaper wadded up inside them and leave them closed. It absorbs the odor. I always store them this way now. Just a thought......

:cheerswine:

sid
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers