How to deal?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

How to deal?

Postby humormeplease » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Susan and I are very serious about becoming a teardrop dealer. We currently have a Silver Shadow and couldn't be happier. Still waiting for a response from Little Guy but have also been looking into the American Teardrop line. Has anyone heard of or have experience with them? Which ever line we go with we plan on having only one line exclusively. Thanks for any input you may have ahead of time. :thinking:
John & Susan Image Yellow Jeep, Silver Shadow trailer, & a Dachshund weiner dog
humormeplease
Teardrop Advisor

Postby humormeplease » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Not too many responses here...I'll post it in the general topic area :roll:
John & Susan Image Yellow Jeep, Silver Shadow trailer, & a Dachshund weiner dog
humormeplease
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:06 pm

The guy from Little Guy is a member here, as is the guy from Camp Inn. If you can find them and PM them, I'll bet you get a response.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

teardrop manufacturer

Postby mainstayprojects » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:56 pm

I we run a UK based teardrop building company and are looking for someone to market it in the states for us please check out www.mainstayprojects.com and see what you think
Thanks Anthony
mainstayprojects
Teardrop Inspector

Re: teardrop manufacturer

Postby hiker chick » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:31 pm

mainstayprojects wrote:I we run a UK based teardrop building company and are looking for someone to market it in the states for us please check out www.mainstayprojects.com and see what you think
Thanks Anthony

Everyone should look through the website -- the "ash framing" of vintage cars - wow! Got pics of the finished vehicles?

I love the names -- Mud Drop, Acid Drop, Liquorice Drop, Custard Drop and Cherry Drop. Elegant, vintage styling.

The Acid Drop may sell on name alone -- especially in San Francisco where there may be nostalgia for Timothy Leary's "Turn on, tune in, drop out" mantra of the 1960s.

I confess to not wanting to bother with a currency translator -- what do your 'Drops run in U.S. dollars?

Especially these days, it's all in the price-point. Also needs specs on the 'Drops -- dimensions and weight. What size are those wheels?

:thumbsup:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

mainstay projects

Postby mainstayprojects » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks for the positive reply the car shown in the pics is a 1936 bmw 328 and is currently being skinned but that takes along time, about 3 months (there are a few bmw 328s on google). My web site is being upgraded soon and should have some pics of a near finished 328 that I did some work on a few weeks back.

All our caravans made from the highest quality materials with a selection of hand finished real wood veneers. Choices of exterior finishes include polished mirror finish aluminium to custom paint work.
some of the timbers we use are
Birds eye maple
American Maple,
English cherry,
English & American oaks,
English Ash,
Birch,
Beech,

Our caravans are constructed from glass fibre with a minimum 4mm lay up then bonded with sheet pu foam insulation then ply lined covered with carpet then skinned in aluminium over the roof and front.

They have ladder chassis with oversized a frame fixed directly to the stub axes to prevent body flex (body flex causes de lamination on standard caravans) the chassis are designed and fitted by us and can be completely redesigned to suit you. they are all coated with 3 coats of an industrial paint (normal used for farm machinary) also galvnizing is an option

the aluminium sheet is supported with ribs on 200mm centres then bonded with sicaflex 221 pu sealant

the floor is constructed from one layer of grp bonded ply followed by25mm of pu celotex insulation followed by another layer of ply followed by you choice of floor finish.

All are finished with real wood veneers and solid wood trims.

Stereos, battery's, inverters, lighting, solar panels, heating, and mains electrics are not a problem.

All the windows are bonded proper toughened automotive glass with a privacy tint although other finishes are available we also have a mould set to put a bonded 1/2 sliding window to the rear of the van if you require

other than that we can produce almost any thing. I normally ask for wish list of gadgets or extras from our customers, and then shoe horn as much as we can in. you will be amazed what we can fit in.

the vans measure up at 8x6 with an additional 3ft of A frame and stand at about 6ft2 as standard but that can be altered to suite the customer. the wheels are 14" on Idespension units

We can do a rear loading door that can double up as pop up top for a bit more space.

But to be honest if someone asked for it. no matter how bonkers we can normally build it.

we have just designed one to drive a bubble car into for shows

As for pricing the cherry drop works out at little under $11000 and the custard drop at $4600 I am looking into shipping costs

Anthony

Mainstay projects
mainstayprojects
Teardrop Inspector

Postby glassgrasshopper » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Anthony
That is 11 k in U.S $
glassgrasshopper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mainstayprojects » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:24 pm

yes 11k US for the cherry drop

were just finishing one of our more custom drops and that retails at £17000 that's a little over $26000 shipping would cost about £1200 for a container but you can fit two in.
mainstayprojects
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers