Yoter Toter? Anyone have one?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby sid » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:11 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 67759&rd=1

It is know as a White Shadow. Here's a link to one currently offered on ebay. Check Ben W 's album also..... he posted earlier in this thread.

Classic Finn wrote:Hi there Folks

I have a question for you Yoder Toder Tear Owners..

In 2006 there was a model which was white in color - most likely it was fiberglass exterior ... chrome like round fenders, and very nice aluminum wheels or equivalent...

Does anyone own one of these? 4 x 8 or 5 x 8.. would you happen to have photos of it?

If could you tell us about your experience with it? I guess it had a very nice Birch Interior...

More of a retro style..

This model has been on the back of my mind for some reason..

Best regards

Classic Finn
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:47 pm

Sid Thank You

Ben W,s is the one.. That looks very nice.. :thumbsup:

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby KristinU » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi All,

We're starting to look around at options for us and whether or not we want to build. If we build I definitely want to include a kiddo bunk like the clever one that JMTK made: http://tnttt.com/album_ ... er_id=1919

If we don't build, well...what do you all think about adding one to a 10' Yoder? I suppose we could try a custom order and ask that they not include the back cabinets, but do you think there might be enough room to put it up in front of the cabinets?

Thoughts, opinions?

TIA!

Kristin
KristinU
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:45 pm

I think "sems" just bought a 5x8 cargo version Yoder Toter, and it is like you said, it comes without the interior cabinets.

Check Here... http://tnttt.com/viewto ... highlight=
sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Postby KristinU » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:44 pm

Cool, thanks! I hadn't thought of getitng one almost completely empty and doing the galley and all interior ourselves...hmmm...food for thought!
KristinU
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KristinU » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 pm

I e-mailed Keith at Yoder and asked about the dimension between the front of the back cabinets and the door opening in a 10' and he said it is 29" - I think that is ample space for a sling bunk for my DS, without sacrificing storage space - what do you guys think?

My next question is this: the Yoders don't come with roof vents - Sid and other Yoder owners: do you miss it? Are you adding them later or do you find that the windows in the doors are enough to get good ventilation for sleeping? I'm just thinking of the body heat that my family can generate (3 humans and one dog), and thinking that we might want a roof vent/fan.

Thanks for answering my million questions!

Kristin
KristinU
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Hey Kristin,

We do miss the roof vent and our fantastic fan, but have an acceptable solution. We made screen doors for ours that just fit in the opening when the door is open. They are held in with stick on velcro. The handle in the picture actually goes on the inside, and there are pulls made from webbing on the top, inside and out. If the rain starts, you can just push them out, set them under the trailer, close the door and never get out of bed! This increases the airflow in the trailer about 8 times or more. Keeps the bugs out and lets the air in. A small fan can keep the air flowing, and so far things have been very comfortable. The small fan that exhausts to the galley area is about useless. I don't know if Yoder Toter offers roof vents as an option now or not.

As for the sling bunk and not knowing where you plan to put it, I really can't answer.

sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Postby KristinU » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Wow, Sid, awesome screen doors! Plus, that would take care of that "sleeping outdoors" feeling that I so love about sleeping in a tent.

Can you tell me more about how you made them? What material is the frame? Is it wood then painted? Or some sort of plastic framing?

As for the sling bunk, let me try to link to pics in JMTK's album: http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=12224
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... ic_id=5144

Hopefully that will work to the specific pics...otherwise their album is here: http://tnttt.com/album_ ... er_id=1919

Cheers!
Kristin
KristinU
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:54 pm

The frame is just painted 1x2's with the edges rounded off so it fits the door opening. I cut a grove in the edge with a table saw and it was the perfect fit for the ribbing that holds the screen in. They do keep that outdoor feeling!

As for the sling bunk, that should work fine in the 5x10. I'm not sure where the dog will sleep!
sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Postby KristinU » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks Sid, they sound perfect!

As for the dog...she'll probably sleep in her standard position - up between our heads or upper torsos - DH and I are both side sleepers and used to getting just a sliver of space...if it weren't for the dog we'd be more than fine in a 4' wide, that's for sure! :crazy:

I think we need to prototype with some cardboard just to be sure that I'm visualizing the space correctly. I sure would like to have the rear cabinets, but it might be snug.

Cheers!
Kristin
KristinU
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:22 pm

The cabinets can always be added later when the little one can have their tent out beside the tear!

You definetly want 5 feet wide!!! :lol:
sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Postby mrainey » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:49 pm

We had the good fortune to meet Sid last fall, not too long after buying a Yoder Toter for ourselves. As part of picking his brain endlessly about teardrops and Yoders, I got to put hands and eyes on those screens. Well ....

After one trip to the Everglades and another to Alberta, I'm ready to say that they're the single most useful addition you could make. Easy to install or remove from inside or outside, great-looking, and BIG! They make the TD way more comfortable and airy than it would be with the doors closed.

One possible mistake I made was to get screen material with relatively large holes. This optimizes air movement, but lets the smallest of the flying critters in too.

There are some pics of our Canada trip in our Album. They're in reverse chronological order. I don't know how to sort them so they stay sorted.

Thanks again Sid.

Mike
mrainey
Teardrop Advisor

Postby asianflava » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:04 pm

Man, talk about an optical illusion. Looking at the top pic, it looks like it is about 2 inches taller than the door opening, no way it can fit in there.

Good job! The screen doors are nice!
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby ob1canola » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:23 am

My wife and I just got back from a 1630 mi roadtrip.
to pick up our 4x8 phantom yoder. We Like it alot.
tows well I am 6ft and can stretch out fine inside.
WE will be doing some mods and posting some pics.
Here is one pic at a reststop that i had some fun with.

ob1canola
Teardrop Advisor

Postby DaytonaGTS » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Me and the wife just got our Silver Shadow two weeks ago from a dealer in the Seattle area, and couldn't be happier....

Screen doors are on the top of my list after having to kill the skeetos every night for two weeks ;)
Ron, Miriam & Ronnie

DaytonaGTS
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers