Happier Campers

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Happier Campers

Postby grant whipp » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:23 pm

I don't know if this one has been posted before or not:

http://happiercamper.com/

Not a teardrop, but probably the near-ultimate evolution of the Boler/Burro/Scamp concept! I want one to pull behind our Saturn ... painted and tired/wheeled to match, of course ... ;) ... (though I'd probably have to modify it to take matching tail-lights).

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: Happier Campers

Postby loudog » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:16 pm

We ordered one at the beginning of June and just picked up our finished trailer. We're very happy with it! It's small and light enough that darned near anything can haul it; if current Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel is massive overkill -- but we're getting around 22 mpg! It's big enough inside, fully modular, full of light when we need it to be. We have the first on with the doors painted to match the bottom... We think it's perfect.

Pictures to follow if desired.

-- Lou
loudog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikerueve » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:34 am

Yes! Pictures please.....
mikerueve
Teardrop Advisor

Postby lauracam » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi Loudog, I 2nd the picture request. How is the counter space for meal prep?

Can I also ask where you store it? Garaged? I know its about 7'5"...so I was wondering about what I would do.

Thanks!
lauracam
Teardrop Inspector

Postby loudog » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Pictures are finally uploaded!
Passenger side rear:
Driver side rear:
Front:

We opted for an opening concession window on the driver side:

Here's what it looks like with all the modules out:

And we did a quick "let's put this back together different". It took about 5 minutes:
The sink module in the picture has a 5 gallon water tank, grey water exits through a hose in the back and we have a catch container for it. It used 12v power for the pump.

Currently storing it in our front lawn, because it makes a great front hang out spot. We have another trailer we're going to sell (Modified RPOD 182). This will fit into our garage -- if I didn't already have a project CJ-5 and my track toy Miata in there! Once the Jeep is back online I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit all 3 in, but it's just so cool to have it out there as a hang-out that we'll likely leave it there.

There's 6 tie downs that link into the frame, and I can shove up to 2,400 lbs of stuff in it, so it's a great utility trailer too. Very spiffy overall.
loudog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby lauracam » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures! If you happen to remember, I'd look forward to an update one you take it out on the road. It sure is cute and I like the color you chose.
lauracam
Teardrop Inspector

Postby loudog » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 pm

They just released an off road suspension for this thing! I'd like to add about 2 to 3 inches of clearence, so I'm looking for pricing to retrofit. Updates to follow.
loudog
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers