AntiShanty

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

AntiShanty

Postby Cathy P. » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:46 pm

This is more like a cargo TT conversion, but with some really unique features: https://antishanty.com/ I like to watch the overlander expos, just cool stuff.

Main attraction is that it looks very sturdy, can sleep 4 and has a stand up height with the roof raised. Nothing else on the market that I have seen. I like the unusual!
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: AntiShant,

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:52 pm

I’ll be happy when this Overlanding thing is over with. And I say that as someone that host a monthly Overland Meet and Greet and a few group camp outs.

The whole idea of what “off road capable“ is now is so blurred. Manufactures are trying to capitalize on the Overland craze and will just change tires and wheels and called the camper “off road capable”. Or you see things like this that is overly engineered and overly complex. Anything made for Offroad should use the KISS approach. Unless your idea of off road is driving up a gravel forest service road a few miles. Which is what it has seem to have become. Which is fine if that is your thing. But I’m afraid we are going to see more people buying these “off road” campers and thinking they can go to the most remote areas of Death Valley, the Arizona Strip, or the Rockies.

I have been using our teardrop for almost a year now. We have close to 1000 miles on off road use, some to some remote places. And we love using it. But there are a lot of places we can’t (more don’t want to) go to because it would be a pain to pull the trailer on. I thought a trailer was going to be the perfect solution for us when I was building it, but have second thoughts now. It works for 80-90% of what we want to do. Now there is no perfect Overland vehicle it just trying to figure out what is best for you.

And was that an electric stove in the video? Who puts an electric stove in an off road camper?

Todd

KTM_Guy
500 Club

Re: AntiShanty

Postby Cathy P. » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:16 pm

It actually has a diesel stove and heater, not electric. Their youtube channel has quite a bite of info. I still think it is "Innovative" and will work for some people.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: AntiShant,

Postby AlongtheRay » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:13 pm

I thought a trailer was going to be the perfect solution for us when I was building it, but have second thoughts now. It works for 80-90% of what we want to do. Now there is no perfect Overland vehicle it just trying to figure out what is best for you.

Care to share what your second thoughts are/were?

Thanks,
Ray
...an alien from a different plane wandering the universe in a tiny camper...
Follow me https://AlongtheRay.com
AlongtheRay
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers