Bike house

Teardrop shaped bicycle travel trailers & related information

Bike house

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 pm

I had rather wondered about motorcycles being part of this group and it just to be called Bike Travel trailers.
I have a freind who built a teardrop for his Motorcycle. He lives in near me and had pull it to Montana and back it contains a tent and is rather well built.

I found this wonderful pix when rumaging through Google images and thought I would share it here.

there is a entire nother world with motored bikes and trailers that needs to be touched.
Ron Dickey
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Now, those are cool!, Ron!

Did you find any side or 3/4 view shots of those things? I've got something on the drawing boards that will blow you all away, but those are definitely fun & funky ... :thumbsup: ... I'd build one!

Thanks for posting them!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:20 pm

...Hmmm. I would think one of those new(ish) motortrikes would be perfect for one of those Bike Houses!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Arne » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:00 pm

keep in mind what speed limits were then and what they are now.... and what a motorcycle then could do, mph wise, compared to now..... no way in heck would I pull something like that now.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 pm

grant whipp wrote:Now, those are cool!, Ron!

Did you find any side or 3/4 view shots of those things? I've got something on the drawing boards that will blow you all away, but those are definitely fun & funky ... :thumbsup: ... I'd build one!

Thanks for posting them!

CHEERS!

Grant

Hi Grant,

Does the item on the "Drawing Board" have anything to do with your Swedish style VW trike? Haven't heard anything about that in quite a while.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
grant whipp wrote:Now, those are cool!, Ron!

Thanks for posting them!

CHEERS!

Grant

Hi Grant,

Does the item on the "Drawing Board" have anything to do with your Swedish style VW trike? Haven't heard anything about that in quite a while.

Sorta ...

... kinda ...

... maybe ... :thinking: ...!

Still gathering parts, Steve ... but the design has definitely ... uhmmm ... evolved! It's really kind of exciting to see where this whole metamorphosis will end up ... but it will, without a doubt, turn some heads!

'Course, not much is getting done on anything until sometime after my back surgery, hopefully in May ... then it'll just be "wait'n'see" ... :D ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:53 pm

I guess this would be the modern day of this

http://media.photobucket.com/image/bike ... rmotor.jpg

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Bicycle Travel Trailers