FOSTA bill was passed... Forums threatened...

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Re: FOSTA bill was passed... Forums threatened...

Postby GPW » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Sorry for being late to the Party , but what about the picture galleries ??? I’ve got 10 years of serious trailer work and drawings in there … Certainly No nudes there , nothing even controversial , save the use of Foam for camper construction ( Styrofoam ) … and that’s just opinion really …
I don’t think “they” are after a bunch of aging travelers towing tiny trailers to scenic destinations … to make pancakes ... 8) They do watch us all for sure , and it’s only a matter of time when Artificial Intelligence will recognize us and track ( and rate ) all our activities … Just like they are now doing in China… There goes Freedom in the name of “security” … but being Human , everyone eventually does something the machine decides is wrong and becomes a Criminal to the state . That’s when they “have us by the base of our snarglies” … Big Brother… He’s here , he’s Chinese ( and likely done with our technology -Silicon Valley )

You could Fight it !!! Write your congressman and representatives , but we know dire few of you will even bother. You could vote for more moderate candidates who are not ready to sell your souls to the Big Corporations . That would involve not believing every thing you see on the internet , and finding out the TRUTH about who you vote for . But then , so few of you bother to vote anyway … And who can blame you as the Electoral Vote always cancels out the popular vote ( the Peoples Vote) unless it’s an obvious “landslide” ...
There’s only so much Others can do for you , so if it all goes away , then you know who to blame eh ???

JMHO , No offence to anyone , and not a representation of this forum in any way …
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tigris99 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:37 am

Late to the party myself.

The forums here are of no concern to government or anyone else.

They are using this to draw attention away the whole internet equality matter.

Like everything they do anymore, OUR GOVERMENT AND BIG BUSINESS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN TERRORISTS BY DEFINITION. Insight fear to control us.

Just wait till some "police" agency tries to pull sh** on a place like this. There will be so many lawyers and lawsuits all over it going after the agency responsible it's not funny.

Can only push a population so far before it pushes back. I pray they aren't that stupid to push America to that point and realize that they are becoming the same type of power that caused the formation of this country to begin with. Thus changing their tune.

And FYI people here mentioned VPNs. You realize that a VPN is only good until agencies go after it right? They can still trace back to you, just takes a lot longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Tigris99
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 am

Just noticed I have to log in every time we visit … ?? That new … ??? :o
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Staryder61 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 am

Haven't had any problems with the login here,, so far stays logged in..
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby warnmar10 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 pm

GPW wrote:Just noticed I have to log in every time we visit … ?? That new … ??? :o
Do you click the remember me or keep me logged in box when you log in? If you don't you will have to log in each time.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
warnmar10
Teardrop Master

Postby warnmar10 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:27 pm

mikeschn wrote:...

What would you do if the forum was yours?

Mike...
Nothing for now. Turning off features will serve only to drive even more traffic to Facebooksnapchatetal. You're running a G rated forum and you turned off new user self-signup years ago. This probably doesn't apply to you.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
warnmar10
Teardrop Master

Postby warnmar10 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:03 pm

mikeschn wrote:...

Mike...
I'd like to send you a PM... Would you consider sending me an email to which I may reply?
warnmar10
Teardrop Master

Postby Zomby Woof » Mon May 21, 2018 5:32 pm

warnmar10 wrote:
Nothing for now. Turning off features will serve only to drive even more traffic to Facebooksnapchatetal. You're running a G rated forum and you turned off new user self-signup years ago. This probably doesn't apply to you.

That's true. I've seen a few forums shut down because most of the traffic left for facebook which is practically useless as a resource. I've also never seen a forum where you can't join without emailing the admin.
What's the idea behind that?
Zomby Woof
Teardrop Builder

Postby warnmar10 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Zomby Woof wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:

That's true. I've seen a few forums shut down because most of the traffic left for facebook which is practically useless as a resource.
I've also never seen a forum where you can't join without emailing the admin.
What's the idea behind that?
IIRC it was a spam/troll defense measure.
warnmar10
Teardrop Master

Postby John61CT » Mon May 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Out of over 500 forums I've joined, well under ten required waiting for a human to approve anything.

Confirming email's careful enough for most.

And none other I'm currently monitoring, say 50, have disabled PMs.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MtnDon » Mon May 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Wow! That's a lot of forums John61CT.

I more or less actively use 3 and have another half dozen I might look at once a week. None of them have made any changes since FOSTA. Maybe they are being stupid? I don't know; none of them have any sex-user history which seems the main aim of the poorly thought out legislation.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby warnmar10 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:16 pm

It might be worth a couple of minutes to read the actual language of the actual bill: https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr18 ... 865enr.pdf I'd be very surprised if TNTTT.com met any of the criteria spelled out in the bill.
warnmar10
Teardrop Master

Postby Tom Horn » Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 am

warnmar10 wrote:It might be worth a couple of minutes to read the actual language of the actual bill: https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr18 ... 865enr.pdf I'd be very surprised if TNTTT.com met any of the criteria spelled out in the bill.

This forum doesn't meet any of the criteria's in the bill. Just a knee jerk reaction to some bad information or news story.
Tom Horn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby John61CT » Tue May 22, 2018 11:07 am

Well the site does belong to the owner(s), they can do whatever they like to make themselves feel comfortable.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm

...with the intent to promote or facilitate the
prostitution of another person...

Now I know what the act is about ––thanks for the link. Curiously such an act was already illegal since the passing of the Mann Act in 1910.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Threads about the forum!