Guestmap (Link to add yourself to map on page one)

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Postby apratt » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:51 pm

No, it take a very long time to load up onto your screen. :(
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby curiouswill » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:54 pm

well I see you there now? Did you figure it out?
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Mr Tim » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:44 am

I can get on the map, leave it for ages then I can place a cross hair where I am, fill out a little form with my e-mail and stuff then I get a window telling me I have not selected an icon but I cannot see any way of selecting one. Can any body help . Thanks.
Tim
Wear a smile and have freinds, wear a frown and have wrinkles!
Mr Tim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby the3beers » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:59 am

just checked the map, and you are there 8)
the3beers
Teardrop Master

Postby Mr Tim » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:13 pm

Thanks for that and I see it now, and I see why I didnt see it before it is right on top of someone else in the UK, I didnt zoom in when I placed it and its in the wrong place by about 150 miles. How do I correct that or is not possible.
Cheers
Tim
Wear a smile and have freinds, wear a frown and have wrinkles!
Mr Tim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby curiouswill » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:36 pm

go to the map marker box right below the chat room and click on the (edit entry) button next to your screenname. if you look at your "location" info, you should be able to see the [advanced] button below it. click on it and a pop-up will guide you to a page where you could fine tune your location.
If you have a latitude/Longitude location of your home then you could use the number to pinpoint your post at the pop-up page too.

Don't forget to use the "+" button to zoom in where you want post yourself so you can have a more accurate pinpoint of where you live or something. If you look at my username (Jeffery Stroud in Clorado Springs, CO) and zoom in, you should be able to see that my pinpoint is just slightly off the Lacy Lane road and that is exactly where my apartment is.
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:03 pm

My computer must be screwed up. I go to the map and don't see a thing but a blank map with all the states outlined. I'm not going to enter my location every time I go to check out the map. I did it once, that should be enough.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby curiouswill » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Gage wrote:My computer must be screwed up. I go to the map and don't see a thing but a blank map with all the states outlined. I'm not going to enter my location every time I go to check out the map. I did it once, that should be enough.

Have a good day.

I don't think that it would be your computer that is messed up. do you have a slow internet connection cause that may be the reason why the map u see are not totally loaded.

I have looked up your username, zoomed in, and found you just off Stonegate Lane.

Is the location wrong or something?
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:23 pm

I've got high speed DSL. :thinking: Strange, I'll have to go in again and see what happens. Stonegate is pretty close, about a block away. Should be 53rd and R11.

Have a good day.

Man it's hot today and thank you.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:47 pm

P.S. Aw, you know what I was doing, was clicking on the link that Mike posted to this thread. Clicking on the link at the top of the page is a different story.

Question: How do you move a marker? I should be on R11. If you do the SAT view of the map, you'll see a large swimming pool down a little from my marker on another street. I'm right next door to the left.

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby curiouswill » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:15 pm

Gage wrote:Question:How do you move a marker? I should be on R11. If you do the SAT view of the map, you'll see a large swimming pool down a little from my marker on another street. I'm right next door to the left.

Did you even read the post before you posted in this page? cause I just explained how to move your marker in a post on this page ImageImageImage
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Nope, just read the following post. I figured if I asked just like most everyone else does, I would get an answer and wouldn't have to read back thru all the post on this thread. Isn't that the new way on the board? Don't think, just ask. :lol:
curiouswill wrote:
Gage wrote:My computer must be screwed up. I go to the map and don't see a thing but a blank map with all the states outlined. I'm not going to enter my location every time I go to check out the map. I did it once, that should be enough.
Have a good day.

I don't think that it would be your computer that is messed up. do you have a slow internet connection cause that may be the reason why the map u see are not totally loaded.
I have looked up your username, zoomed in, and found you just off Stonegate Lane.
Is the location wrong or something?

Have a good day.
So how's your teardrop coming? Oh wait, you've most likely posted that answer somewhere. I'll have to go look.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cracker39 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:25 am

What happened to the guest map link in the first post? I bring it up and it's blank.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby sdtripper2 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:53 pm

Dale:

Go here for the map = http://www.frappr.com/tttt

Also uP on the header = T&TTT Map = get to the map anytime.
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby cracker39 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:55 pm

THANKS!!!
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Threads about the forum!