Win 50$ gift certificate

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Postby Gage » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:09 am

bdosborn wrote: Uh-oh Gage. Your garage is infested with funny yellow bugs. Better get the spray out. :lol:
Bruce

But Bruce, that's not my garage. It belongs to James. I was just helping him out with the pic. The bugs belong to him. :lol: But I'd sure like to have the shop with all the adult toys (although I think my wife would shoot me if I aquired more toys).

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:41 am

We seem to have enough contests here that it's worth starting a contest thread! What do you guys think? 8)

Anyhow, in this thread, "Out of control workshops", there only seems to be about 5 or 6 photos so far. Come on, there's got to be more than that!!! Go ahead and post your photos in this thread. Bev, I know you've go a photo you can use. Remember that one looking thru your door into your workshop? ;) Or Frank, how about your work area when you dismantled that canned ham? That looked like a real wreck!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby DestinDave » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:46 am

I lost my shop in my last divorce... Kept all the tools in storage until I decided I was paying more for storage than they would cost new so I sold all of 'em... I'm using my brother-in-law's shop and garage for whatever I need now and he probably wouldn't appreciate me calling his place a mess but then again he wouldn't mind winning $50 either :lol:
As for my old shop, when my ex packed up all my stuff and moved it out into the yard she was kind enough to pack 3 boxes (large boxes) with empty beer cans and whiskey bottles that I didn't even know were in the shop... Hmmmmm, maybe that's why we divorced... :oops:
Well, got a great wife today and only Coke or Sprite for me now... But, no shop..... :cry:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby McTeardrops » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:12 am

My contribution

Personally, I don't believe a shop is cluttered if you can still see the floor
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:26 pm

I don't think I actually qualify yet because my TD isn't quite under construction. Although the axle is up in the rafters above the stove, springs, hangers, ect are in a hole next to the workbench. Some of the steel for the frame is outside next to the garage. In reality tho, it is looking pretty good in there, this is the first time since November that I've been able to see the floor.
If you'd have seen this when I built the kitchen cabinets you would have seen a real disaster area! I'll have to get some when I start the tear as it will most likely get a little crowded then.

Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby BobR » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:19 pm

This is my workshop...my wife thinks it's a mess...you should see it when I am working ...

Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby Steve Frederick » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:46 pm

Here's my entry!! :lol: :lol:
I tidy up every once in a while...When I can't think..
:? There's about 2 feet of walking space around the 'Diner, and my main bench...Use of the table saw requires rolling it into the walk-way.
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby Lizbeth » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:29 pm

Gosh guys those look clean! Too bad I'm not building, I'd win for sure! There is NO WAY I could even get a trailer in my garage at this point though that is the idea with the one I just got......it's now outside in the rain with a tarp over it. :cry:

I need to order a trash dumpster.......
Lizbeth
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:35 am

Wow, it's great to see all the other projects that people have going as well as their tears. My project after the boat was to remodel the shop. Guess that didn't happen. Maybe someone can post my shop photo from my album onto this thread, I'm having some sort of problem either with my computer or my pea brain, but I can't post a photo of my shop here.
I'm going to laminate up some paneling into the tear today and while that cures, clean off the bench. Hey, it's a start and you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time. Doug Hodder :worship:

Doug Hodder's Shop
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Workshop

Postby toypusher » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:34 pm

Just wanted to add a couple of pics from my shop. It is 12'x18' and is an attachment on the end of my garage.

There is a 12 and half Delta Planner in that mess somewhere! :oops:

Had to clear a space to move the Shopsmith around

One piece of equipment at a time in this shop!

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby roger-c » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:55 pm

Mike,
Here’s mine, the shop space is 9’x12’ and the covered area is 14’x8’ and the tear hopefully will be ready to use for the Memorial Day canpout. :)

http://www.teardrops.us/userfiles/rogerlc/Shop%20Pic

http://www.teardrops.us/userfiles/rogerlc/shop%20Pic2
Last edited by roger-c on Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don�t force it use a bigger hammer!
roger-c
Teardrop Advisor

My Humble Shop

Postby davel » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:35 pm

Here's mine. Everything is on wheels, it's great as long as it doesn't rain. If it rains I can't move things outside to have room.
davel
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:35 am

doug hodder wrote:Wow, it's great to see all the other projects that people have going as well as their tears. My project after the boat was to remodel the shop. Guess that didn't happen. Maybe someone can post my shop photo from my album onto this thread, I'm having some sort of problem either with my computer or my pea brain, but I can't post a photo of my shop here.
I'm going to laminate up some paneling into the tear today and while that cures, clean off the bench. Hey, it's a start and you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time. Doug Hodder :worship:

Email the pic to me Doug. I'll post it...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby rjhager » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:04 am

You want clutter? Here's my entry!
Image[/img][/url]
If you look real hard you can see the frame of my tear in there somewhere!
Working on a KuffelCreek Comet.
rjhager
Teardrop Builder

Postby darkroomsource » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:59 am

Come on guys, you call that messy?
-- Andy Hughes
My Teardrop
<><
Grace Happens
darkroomsource
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext