I need a computer artist's help...

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Postby s4son » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:35 pm

Where the hell is Pamplin Grove, CA Never heard of that town.

I think it's ner Carlotta.. :lol: :lol:
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:58 pm

Both of you guys are right... :lol:
Yup, Pamplin Grove is near Carlotta, CA
Gage I like that with just Carlotta, CA in it... Has a good ring to it. :thumbsup:

Here's how I think Guy thought it should look like...

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:13 pm

Gage,
How does this look?

That really does have a nice ring to it, but it would be a shame not to include Pamplin Grove in there because it is such a special place.
Hey!!! We could put "Pamplin Grove" in the back of the hat, right above where the closure thing is... Do you know what I'm talking about? What do you think?

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:34 pm

Gage,

This will be on the front of the hat...

This will be on the back of the hat, right above the closure...

I have a lot of racing hats stitched up like this.
What do you think?
(I like it!)
I haven't heard back from Norm yet and I'm sure he can blow this design out of the water...

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:54 pm

Being that Pamplin Grove is so special, this is how I think we should layout the hats...

Front...

Back...

Postby Gage » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:43 am

Something is not right, but I can't put my finger on it. I've got to go gas up the wagon. Going down to Long Beach tomorrow to the Hotrod/Speed Swapmeet. When I get back (from getting gas-have to stop by the bank first :? ), I'll take another look.

Have a good day,

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:54 am

Gage,
Is this better?
Front...

Back...

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:05 pm

...Dean, so far I like the last one best
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:38 pm

Welp,
After listening to a few suggestions, this is as far as I'm going to take it. (Unless Norm Perkiss wants to unertake the job of doing a killer logo)

Front on forest green hat...

Back on forest green hat...

Postby DestinDave » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:30 pm

Dean - great design but after looking at the two proofs I think the drop-shadow and even the treetops kind of get lost in the forest green background. How would that same design and color scheme look on an ivory or khaki hat? Just a thought from someone who might not even make it to Pamplin Grove (although I sure would love to!). Dave
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:55 am

Dean, Will these hats be avalible for purchase for those of us who can't make it. :twisted: I'm a short drive camper. At least for now. Maybe when I actually complete my TD that will change.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:23 am

bledsoe,
Yes... but a few things need to happen first.
On January 3rd, 2006 we are going to vie for our reservation of Pamplin Grove... That's the first and most important issue that needs to be delt with.
Later that day, the website will be officially launched showing what dates the gathering will be taking place, so folks can start making plans to attend. (We are shooting for later part of July)
Once the website is launched... Early registration will start and the souvenirs will be put into production.
Lots of ducks to line up between now and then...
BTW- I go up to Portland every now and then. I sometimes work with a company called Savoy Studios up there. It's an easy drive... I-5 to Grants Pass, 199 to Crescent City and 101 to Eureka... I would hope that you would consider it. There will be people coming from much farther distances than that...
You and I both have teardrops to finish... hope to see you there with tear in tow!

Dave,
This is an idea for the logo I was working on, BUT...
I just got word from Norm Perkiss and he is willing to take on the logo job! :thumbsup:

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:13 pm

Hey Everybody,
Our very own Norm Perkiss is going to design the logo for us!!! :applause: :thumbsup:

Postby Gage » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:47 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Welp,
After listening to a few suggestions, this is as far as I'm going to take it. (Unless Norm Perkiss wants to unertake the job of doing a killer logo)
Front on forest green hat...
Back on forest green hat...

Dean, I think this is the logo you need to go with. Maybe Norm can work around this one.

Dave, here in California when your in the Redwoods, you can't see the tops anyways, you just know they should be there.
:yes:

Have a good day,
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Gage,
I'm giving Norm full artistic license to come up with something.
(I did mention to him though, that I do like the "Redwood Curtain" thing)
There's a lot of stuff that I'm not up to snuff on, in regards to what parameters the printers and stitchers need, which does have an effect on the designed artwork and or pocket book with the end result. I guess in otherwords... Norm knows better than I what works best for them.
I do know this... I sent him some information on what the printing company needs as far as computer generated art work goes. My program may or may not meet their requirements. Although I saved it into a program that they recommend, it wasn't originally drawn in that program, so I don't even know if my artwork would pass the test... :?
BTW- Norm is a proffesional graphic artist and with what our initial investment is going to be to get the ball rolling, I feel more comfortable having him do the job.

PreviousNext

Return to Threads about the forum!