Just checking the new forum

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Just checking the new forum

Postby chamas » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

oh boy has Mike been working hard for the last 2 weeks, trying to get this upgraded to the latest phpbb.... I sure hope everyone knows that this is not an easy thing to do. Please don't "b**ch @ him if there is a few bumps. He really wanted to give everyone the best of everything. I sure hope everyone know what many hours he has put into this and even paid outside help to get us going. If you never upgrade you have so many things you can't do.... If you upgrade then you have so many things that you have to do or pay to have done. Mike really cares so please don't b**ch at him he as we "ALL GO THRU THESE BUMBS" yet we do like suggestions. Don't think that we don't as we all could use a few suggestion that might make us a little better. :-) :? :x :shock: :SG :applause: :FNP :applause: :applause:
This is Chell's appraisal formed in my mind about this particular matter. :-) Chell of www.tnttt.com formally www.mikenchell.com
chamas
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Just checking the new forum

Postby IndyTom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Chell,

We are just very thankful for all that Mike is doing. I think we all appreciate that this board is a real labor of love for you and Mike. Sure there are going to be some growing pains, but it is just what you do to grow. I think the new look to the board is really nice, just as soon as I got the print size large enough to read it ;-)

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby toypusher » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:31 pm

chamas wrote:oh boy has Mike been working hard for the last 2 weeks, trying to get this upgraded to the latest phpbb.... I sure hope everyone knows that this is not an easy thing to do. Please don't "b**ch @ him if there is a few bumps. He really wanted to give everyone the best of everything. I sure hope everyone know what many hours he has put into this and even paid outside help to get us going. If you never upgrade you have so many things you can't do.... If you upgrade then you have so many things that you have to do or pay to have done. Mike really cares so please don't b**ch at him he as we "ALL GO THRU THESE BUMBS" yet we do like suggestions. Don't think that we don't as we all could use a few suggestion that might make us a little better. :-) :? :x :shock: :SG :applause: :FNP :applause: :applause:

I have been there and done that. Only, mine was not as larger and complex. I will help in any way that I can though. Just ask.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Chell,

Thank you for your and Mikes effort in updating this forum and keeping it running.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby madjack » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:17 pm

chamas wrote:oh boy has Mike been working hard for the last 2 weeks, trying to get this upgraded to the latest phpbb.... I sure hope everyone knows that this is not an easy thing to do. Please don't "b**ch @ him if there is a few bumps. He really wanted to give everyone the best of everything. I sure hope everyone know what many hours he has put into this and even paid outside help to get us going. If you never upgrade you have so many things you can't do.... If you upgrade then you have so many things that you have to do or pay to have done. Mike really cares so please don't b**ch at him he as we "ALL GO THRU THESE BUMBS" yet we do like suggestions. Don't think that we don't as we all could use a few suggestion that might make us a little better. :-) :? :x :shock: :SG :applause: :FNP :applause: :applause:

I know this was a major effort, only done with the best in mind...I hope all will appreciate the trouble M(&C) have gone thru to help keep us the BEST CAMPING FORUM in the world :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause: :applause:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Steve Frederick » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:56 am

WOW!! I just checked in! WOW...Great job!
I know how hard it is to manage large databases.
You have done very well. All should appreciate how much labor, free or otherwise, goes into managing a forum.
Great job! Thanks!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby tonyj » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 am

If anyone is b*tchin at Mike for any problems, send us their address and we'll go rough 'em up! Just tell him to ignore the posts. There are far more folk on this forum who are very appreciative for his effort and understanding of the small speed bumps caused by this conversion. We owe much to Mike, and you, Chell, for all the hard work and effort.

THANK YOU!!!
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby starleen2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 am

tonyj wrote:If anyone is b*tchin at Mike for any problems, send us their address and we'll go rough 'em up! Just tell him to ignore the posts. There are far more folk on this forum who are very appreciative for his effort and understanding of the small speed bumps caused by this conversion. We owe much to Mike, and you, Chell, for all the hard work and effort.

THANK YOU!!!

AMEN !!! :beer:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Return to Threads about the forum!