Posting pictures from your gallery has changed slightly...

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Re: Posting pictures from your gallery has changed slightly.

Postby Crawdaddy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:36 am

Test Post

Using two methods:
First way is image tag and pasting URL (this way seems to show image at full size and not clickable)
Second is using "Insert from Gallery" and it uses an Album tag (this seems to show thumbnail and is clickable to full size, I like this method)

Using Windows 7 and Chrome browser.
Crawdaddy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tophog » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 am

At a loss. Can't understand any of this.

My normal host, Tinypic, has failed for the last few days.

I can't seem to resize using Google photos.

Imgur works, but I don't know how to cut and paste the address. Just clicking on the available boxes here doesn't help, and no way to paste the image address.

-

Yes, I'm basically computer illiterate. Don't know a dashboard from a task bar. But I've been 'copy and pasting' for years using Tinypic.

How do I make an image just show up?
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby working on it » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 pm

• I also tried several sites to re-size photos prior to posting them here, but I later switched to using Microsoft Paint, that was a native feature on my Toshiba laptop PC. Now, I use it for photos, drawings, everything that requires editing. But recently, I have also started using Microsoft Photos (which comes with Windows 8 and 10), for altering, modifying, and re-sizing photos, too. I've set my Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A) on 4032 x 3024 resolution (12 million pixels), which makes the raw image very large, and definitely needs size reduction for posting here (and I reduce the size for long-term file storage as well), but it shows details better, I think, and let's me see flaws that may need touch-up.
  • I'm no photographer, but I'm fascinated with the quality of images taken by new-er smartphones...a quantum leap from my first Kodak Brownie box camera (in the 50's), my official Boy Scout camera (in the early 60's), or even my last film camera, a Canon SureShot autofocus (1980?), lost after 30 years of use. My wife's fancy Canon Rebel EOS, bought for her insurance adjustment claims work, is off-limits to me, so I'm using my Samsung phone cameras instead (first Rugby 2 = 2mp, then Rugby Pro = 5mp, now a S7 = 12mp). I also have a small Kodak digital camera, which seems to have gone missing after our home replacement project, but I'll keep using the S7, which is handier, and has more megapixels.
  • Try using those Microsoft programs for re-sizing or editing your photos,but if you have a Mac, I don't have a clue. I tried photo editing on my android phones, but just couldn't find an app that worked as well as the ones on my PC...besides, I have a 21" monitor plugged into my laptop, less than 3 feet from me, making viewing/editing much easier on my old eyes.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tophog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:00 pm

I give up. Tried a couple other methods and I'm missing something. I got a message that said only drafts are saved and anything else will be deleted. :NC

I don't understand the img, url and adding as an attachment stuff, so I'll just stick to lurking. :)

-

Update! Tinypic is back up! At least for a while, so here goes!

Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby TOTAL CARNAGE » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 pm

155152 just a test
TOTAL CARNAGE
Teardrop Builder

Postby western traveler » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:15 am

You can reduce the size of your photos right from this site.

Create a personal album.

Click on Gallery at top bar next to FAQ to do that and add photos.

Click add new photo

Select from the album you want to use

Select photo and click the size you want it to be (it has to be smaller than full size)

Click “use” on top right of the small box and that places it in your personal album

To place the photo in your post click on “Gallery” at the top right of this box. The one you are typing in. Not the gallery next to FAQ!

Insert into post pops up. Choose the photo and it will appear in your post.

Note: a new link to tnttt will open on your toolbar. Go there to view and add your post.

Touch on the photo I have inserted and it enlarges.

western traveler
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Threads about the forum!