section for building materials used in trailers

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

section for building materials used in trailers

Postby milliejohn » Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 pm

A recent post about off-gassing materials in cargo trailers led to this question, where is the proper place to put information about materials and their pro's and con's?

Without going into great depth here on any one material, it would help all of us to have a good reference section that alerts to possible side effects such as off-gassing, what alternatives exist, even simple things like explaining the nomenclature used with materials, typical weight of things like 4x8 sheets of ?, weight per pound of dimensional steel/aluminum, the more complete the reference section can be, the better for all of us.

I hope I have been clear enough to understand, I await you thoughts.

John
Image ~I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left~
milliejohn
Teardrop Master

Re: section for building materials used in trailers

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat May 04, 2013 7:05 am

I agree with John.
I am one of the folks who reads material safety data sheet's, (MSDS) and in some cases it is to find out what the hazards are, and in some cases to find out they are charging a lot of money for a common chemical.
John is referring to a discussion of some one with a CT that has plywood out-gassing formaldehyde which can and will make you sick and my feeling would be to replace with safer material, and as John indicated we need know where do you get such materiel.
I have coming some CPES to coat the cabinets in the galley and I read the MSDS sheet, the work will be done outside and we have a predominant 15 mph wind so the wood done outside the trailer will be safe but I will be poking my head inside and will either have a respirator or a good size fan.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Re: section for building materials used in trailers

Postby milliejohn » Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm

call it what you will, more materials information would be a good thing
Image ~I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left~
milliejohn
Teardrop Master

Return to Threads about the forum!