SawTooth XL - Update 6.27.11 - Repairs started

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm

stomperxj wrote:Good news! I finally scored a real job. IT tech support for a local insurance company. Today is the end of my first week.... I never thought i'd be out of a job for 14 months but its finally over.... So as soon as the weather breaks and i can get some finances squared away I'll be pulling the sawtooth out of storage and buying some CPES :)

:thumbsup:

Good for you congrats! Now get to work on your sawtooth, and don't forget to work on those designs you've been teasing us with.

Congrats on the new job!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby wlivesey » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:00 am

stomperxj wrote:Good news! I finally scored a real job. IT tech support for a local insurance company. Today is the end of my first week.... I never thought i'd be out of a job for 14 months but its finally over.... So as soon as the weather breaks and i can get some finances squared away I'll be pulling the sawtooth out of storage and buying some CPES :)

Congrats on the new job! We're really happy for you!
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby Endo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:19 am

:applause: Glad to hear about the new job!
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby steve smoot » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 am

really glad you landed a good job. I have been looking back over the winter months just hoping to see you back online and making progress on the sawtooth. That is a sweet looking camper. can not wait to see you working on it again. :applause:

Steve
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 am

Being gainfully employed is a BIG thing :)
We are big fans of the grasshopper design and hope to see you and it at some of the gatherings.
Last edited by Shadow Catcher on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:41 am

Congratulations on your new job! Looking forward to progress on your trailer, too! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby gullywompr » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Great news. I too have been Jones-ing for some updates on the SawtoothXL, as well as your other truly excellent member designs. Great to see you posting again, and congratulations on the employment.
Cheers,
Curtis Olson
gullywompr
Teardrop Master

Postby zelix » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:24 am

Congrats dude. I can't wait to see further progress on this excellent build.
zelix
Teardrop Master

Postby aggie79 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:26 am

Congratulations on your new job! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

Like everyone, I look forward to progress on your SawtoothXL and your other design contributions.

Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Right On !!!

Postby rrawlings » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:03 pm

I have been lurking for some time watching your build and wondering how you had made it so long without employment. Your journey without getting down and depressed has been an inspiration. May things continue to improve for you and your build.
He who dies with the most "finished" toys wins. To bad I have so many "projects"
rrawlings
Teardrop Advisor

Postby stomperxj » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks everyone for the support and patience over the last several months. 2009 was a crappy year.... 2010 is shaping up pretty nicely though. New job, my short sale on my house should go through in a couple weeks and I found a great girl to be with too after being single for 3+ years.... :)

Updates will be coming in a few months hopefully. I'm getting excited to get after it...

Thanks again everyone

stomperxj
The 300 Club

Feel your pain

Postby majmjjen » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Been there done that. Could not even afford the t-shirt. Feels good to be back to work doesn't it!
majmjjen
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BigAl » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Gotta love the Sawtooth. I salute your obvious design flair.
Kind Regards, BigAl.

Build Journal on T&TTT
BigAl
Teardrop Master

Haven't the words...

Postby boujei » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:30 am

Been sitting here in my recliner for over an hour and a half now looking over your build....I don't have the words that would do what you've accomplished justice. I'm converting a pickup frame w/ 3500 lb axle like yours. Hope you don't mind me stealing some ideas? I need to finish closing in my carport..working on the garage door install presently but the weather here is not cooperating. Can't wait to get started on my Sawtooth replica..lol. I'm in Winchester, Idaho..when we get these done...would be great to do a extended weekend sometime if you like...got some great areas here around my neck of the woods..Hells Canyon, etc. PM me if you'd like my email and phone.

Looking forward to more progress!

Steve
boujei
Teardrop Inspector

Postby quadworks » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:48 am

Awesome build!! Love the lines of it, theres a few ideas that I might have borrow for my build.
quadworks
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Member Designs