Scooter transporter teardrop

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby angib » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:39 am

Unless you've got a big tow vehicle (eg, 4x4/SUV), brakes would be a good idea for this sort of weight - I'm assuming each of your scooters is around 75kg, so that's 150kg (330lb) before you add the tool kit...

Going to braked half-axles would require bigger wheels and so a higher floor. So that'll be a Mark 2 design then.....

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby petman » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:11 pm

Unbraked weight rule over here is 750kg max or half the weight of the towing vehicles weight whichever is less
I found that i can buy suspension uints that suit 13" wheels so thats the way to go I think.
As for brakes that may be a problem, over run brakes ,which work from a cable or rod fitted to hitch which inturn are attached to the brakes have just been banned over here!! so it looks like a very light weight trailer, or I build a covered trailer just for the bikes and carry the kitchen etc in my 4X4

PS
tools are not a problem as I am part of a team of 5 bikes so one of the others can carry my tools
petman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby angib » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:41 pm

petman,

I am also 'over here' - Newcastle Upon Tyne. I suggest we continue this 'conversation' in private message.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Previous

Return to Member Designs